2007 New Years Resolution - 1 wheel wise

James_Potter

Guest
'Here's the thread for last years resolutions'
(http://tinyurl.com/ymqghz), how did everyone do?
Mine were as follows:

*ride a LOT more often.*
I guess I did this, while it was warm out I rode my coker to school
almost every day, but during the summer I was away most of the time so
I didn't really ride then.
*I'd like to pimp my Coker too.*
Yep! I got an airfoil rim with extra wide UDC hub, a gel saddle, a GB4
handle (unless I got that before 2006...I don't remember) and new crank
arms. Still need to get a break.
*possibly get a MUni.*
Nope.
*go to Moab!!! I hope....*
*also, do some serious long distance riding. I want to successfully be
able to do a century on my coker by the end of 2006.*
I did do long distance riding more often, but I certainly can't do a
century yet.

For this next year I would really like to either get a MUni, or do some
MUni on my coker...I just really want to MUni, a lot. That's my main
goal for 2007.
And lots of distance rides on my coker.

WHAT ARE YOURS???
:)

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

I don't have any from last year to dig up, so this is my list for 2007.

- Finish customizing my trials uni.
- Finish a 100 mile ride.
- Help friends improve more.
- Improve my own riding.
- Make more videos.

That's about it unicycle wise, for this year.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

well since i only started this christmas ive not got any this year my
resolutions are,
1. get a good trials unicycle, instead of my dodger
2.jump onto something 2ft riding sif
3. improve my trials riding

--
hodgieman

im gonna be a trials rider some day :D but i got alot more to learn yet
hodgieman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14013

James_Potter wrote:
> ...Still need to get a break...

Mr. Potter, it's New Years morning, there's nothing going on, take a
break. Oh wait a minute, did you mean you need something to slow your
Uni down with? I'm so confused.

EDIT: 500th POST!

--
spyder

Klaas Bil wrote:
> You have an adolescent mind? Where did you get that? Aren't you like 12
> or so? :)

spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

OH MAN, did I really just spell brake, break? This is terrible. I'm
going to blame it being 1 AM when I wrote it, and that sip of my dad's
champagne I had...my other new years resolution will be not to make a
ridiculous spelling error ever again!

You've been around for 3-4 years and only just got your 500th post?
Golly.

--

James_Potter wrote:
> You've been around for 3-4 years and only just got your 500th post?
> Golly.

I'm a good listener. BTW, it's 5am here. I gotta go to bed soon.

--
spyder

Klaas Bil wrote:
> You have an adolescent mind? Where did you get that? Aren't you like 12
> or so? :)

spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Oh it's only 2am here, still a little early for bed.
Well, not really.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

At 2am, I was still going to be at work for another hour. Are we in some
kind of time/space continuum? I'm so confused. Damn home brew.

--
spyder

Klaas Bil wrote:
> You have an adolescent mind? Where did you get that? Aren't you like 12
> or so? :)

spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Here's mine (hopefully i can complete them)

- Make a 36" ultimate wheel
- Ride more than 10km weekly
- Try to buy my friends giraffe unicycle which he changed the tyre to a
24"
- Challenge and outwit my friends on tricks
- Get custom rims for my unis

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

1. Get sidehops to tyre up to 90cm.
2. Learn to crankflip
3. Learn to ride backwards :eek:
4. Learn to ride backwards SIF :eek:
5. Master some new tricks I have almost invented.

--
Sponge

MSN: [email protected] feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists :)

update on Hodges vid... delayed, need a few more clips.
Sponge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Sponge wrote:
> 1. Get sidehops to tyre up to 90cm.
> 2. Learn to crankflip
> 3. Learn to ride backwards :eek:
> 4. Learn to ride backwards SIF :eek:
> 5. Master some new tricks I have almost invented.

They're preety good 4 a new years resolution my friend. Especially the
last one :p :p

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

I couldn't find mine from last year and its very likely I didn't write
them, but since I wish I had I guess I will make up some now for this
year.

Get a Miyata.
Get a Muni (should be getting it this week).
Be able to hop on rails or other skinny things perpendicularly.
Do a 160 Km ride to my cottage (lots of hills and muni terrain).
GLIDE, I can coast now but I still can't freaking glide!
One foot coast.
Stand up ww.
One foot ww better.
Pimp my coker (custom paint job, airfoil rim, tubeless conversion, ss
spokes).
Go to an international unicycle event (even Naucc is fine).

Those should all be attainable, the only hard thing will be the Miyata
since it will cost about 800 with shipping and border fees and the
like.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

s7ev0 wrote:
> Actually get out and get on the bl**dy uni. :eek:
>
> Do a school assembly on the uni.

Now that sounds like something that might make a good video for the
next BUC video competition. :)

As for me - increase what I consider to be a long distance uni ride and
get a bit better at other stuff like hockey.

--
cathwood

Cathy

- SIF sidehop 100cm
- Tripleflip both forward and back
- Learn to competently ride backwards
- Manage to get decent tricks on the transistion to seat push or
drag
- Crankflip an 8 set
- Doublebackflip (or more) a 6 set (I have all year)
- Doubleflip a 5 set
- Jump onto, and hop all the way across bike rails
- Fourbackflip/Quadbackflip

I am sure I could think of more, but I don't want to put too many.

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at: mike41ishere <att> hotmail <dott> com

'i like things big' - Amand'a'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5EHS1DIhc)

'Crankflips are like woman, hard to understand' Peter/Probailer2
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

1. make at least one video of my unicycling (I hate editing)
2. Upgrade the frame on my dx muni
3. Improve my crank grab to rubber technicque
4. take my unicycle to school (buttloads of sick trials lines)
5. learn pedal grabs
6. Learn to coast
7. rolling hop up a 3 set and improve my rolling hop.

--
gordito8me

torker dx here!!!
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641