Rain! Woohoo

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
What an awesome ride this morning, getting back into Port Melbourne riding along marine parade heading towards the lightning, seeing the storm roll in over the bay.

Start to head back home and get to South Melbourne just as the rain literally got turned on.... sat there and watched the storm.

This is more like Melbourne!

treadly&me said:
Yeah. Having 20 degrees at 7pm in May is just not right!

Agreed..... after the rain this morning, It felt like the tempature dropped 10 degrees! in the space of the rain falling....

going out to ride in the moring during May and it is 17 degrees is just not right.

On Thu, 3 May 2007 08:19:32 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:

> This is more like Melbourne!

We're not enjoying it so much in Adelaide. If I wanted to get
soaked all the time (e.g. this morning), I'd move to Melbourne.

MikeyOz said:
going out to ride in the moring during May and it is 17 degrees is just not right.

Yeah I'm usually layering the thermals by May ;)

cfsmtb said:
Yeah I'm usually layering the thermals by May ;)
We have had a few cold mornings of late, i've been wearing my winter gear for a few weeks now.

I must say though I loved the rain this morning even though I got a bit wet.

Dancier said:
We have had a few cold mornings of late, i've been wearing my winter gear for a few weeks now.

I must say though I loved the rain this morning even though I got a bit wet.
quarter to three pm and its seriously heavy down here, put all my potted plants out and I can hear the garden muttering "yay this is better than shower water...", bring it on huey!

On May 3, 12:22 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2pz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> MikeyOz Wrote:
>

> > going out to ride in the moring during May and it is 17 degrees is just
> > not right.

> Yeah I'm usually layering the thermals by May ;)
>
> --
> cfsmtb

There was a healthy frost on the way to work this morning just shy of
8am. It's certainly the coldest I've ever ridden a bicycle.

"MikeyOz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> What an awesome ride this morning, getting back into Port Melbourne
> riding along marine parade heading towards the lightning, seeing the
> storm roll in over the bay.
>
> Start to head back home and get to South Melbourne just as the rain
> literally got turned on.... sat there and watched the storm.
>
> This is more like Melbourne!
>

> --
> MikeyOz

I commuted in to St Kilda/Commercial Road from Moorabbing at 7:30 this
morning in steady rain and a North head wind. It was great! I then rode from
there to Chaddy via Yarra/Gardiner's Creek. Gardiner's Creek has been little
more than a sewer for months. It was great to see it with rapids and some
whitewater.

Henry M.

On 2007-05-02, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> treadly&me Wrote:
>> Yeah. Having 20 degrees at 7pm in -May- is just not right!

> Agreed..... after the rain this morning, It felt like the tempature
> dropped 10 degrees! in the space of the rain falling....
>
> going out to ride in the moring during May and it is 17 degrees is just
> not right.

Damn, looks like we just got your weather. 20 degrees at 1am?
Compared to 5 degrees the last few days, that's... warm.

Except for the complete and utter lack of rain.

--
TimC
Shame on you! Don't you love her? Girls don't want Kmart specials, they