r.b.r. posting trends

>From netscan.research.microsoft.com

newsgroup: rec.bicycles.racing
period: month of april (classics month)

Year / Postings / Number of Posters

2000 / 3839 / 769
2001 / 4178 / 531
2002 / 3336 / 580
2003 / 2236 / 503
2004 / 3593 / 536
2005 / 3443 / 462
2006 / 2733 / 354
2007 / 1823 / 250

period: month of july (TdF)

2000 / 7236 / 1009
2001 / 8582 / 1059
2002 / 7759 / 958
2003 / 12701 / 1189
2004 / 14984 / 1232
2005 / 9858 / 748
2006 / 9121 / 652
2007 / ???? / ???

[email protected] wrote:
>>From netscan.research.microsoft.com

> [drastic decline in posting volume and no. of posters]

Bloody website forums with pictures.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>>> From netscan.research.microsoft.com

>> [drastic decline in posting volume and no. of posters]

> Bloody website forums with pictures.

Simple, we're ALL masters and we've slowly been dying off.

> Couldn't have had anything to do with Lance.
-------
Bingo! There will never be another Lance, with the cancer story and all.
It's so Americana. I check in here once and a while, and I'm surprised that
there are any posts. Most people are not interested in foreigners, that are
vain, hiding blood bags, and are so idiosyncratic that they are of no
interest to most Americans. We as cyclists, can read through their rude
behavior, for example when Landis took that stage and he was angry and
shoving people around at the finish, we knew he had had a testosterone
hangover. To the casual observer they think he was just an asshole. That's
the word I was searching for, that is what most think these pro-cyclists
are.

On May 3, 10:00 pm, "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > Couldn't have had anything to do with Lance.

> -------
> Bingo! There will never be another Lance, with the cancer story and all.
> It's so Americana. I check in here once and a while, and I'm surprised that
> there are any posts. Most people are not interested in foreigners, that are
> vain, hiding blood bags, and are so idiosyncratic that they are of no
> interest to most Americans. We as cyclists, can read through their rude
> behavior, for example when Landis took that stage and he was angry and
> shoving people around at the finish, we knew he had had a testosterone
> hangover. To the casual observer they think he was just an asshole. That's
> the word I was searching for, that is what most think these pro-cyclists
> are.

don't sell your self short, you're a tremendous asshole.

-bdbafh

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:48:32 +0000, Donald Munro wrote:
> andouillette

Last night on the BBC (The Graham Norton Show) someone lamented about
andouillette, but only because of its appearance. No word on how it
tastes like ****.

--
E. Dronkert

Donald Munro wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> Bloody website forums with pictures.

> Fred Fredburger wrote:
>> Simple, we're ALL masters and we've slowly been dying off.

> From which one may conclude that a diet of pizza, andouillette and
> doughnuts does not promote longevity.

However, it is a sign of RBR virility if you can carry eat your own
donuts while carrying two cups of coffee.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Simple, we're ALL masters and we've slowly been dying off.

From which one may conclude that a diet of pizza, andouillette and

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> Bloody website forums with pictures.

>Fred Fredburger wrote:
>> Simple, we're ALL masters and we've slowly been dying off.

>From which one may conclude that a diet of pizza, andouillette and
>doughnuts does not promote longevity.

However, much like being married to an accountant, the andouilette
will make it seem much longer.

Curtis L. Russell
Two cows on rbr:
First cow - You afraid of this mad cow disease?
Second cow - Why would I care? I'm a helicopter.

[email protected] wrote:
> On May 3, 4:07 pm, Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> Bloody website forums with pictures.

>> Simple, we're ALL masters and we've slowly been dying off.

> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/rbr/rbr.2007.nposts.hist.png
>
> (data from http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/about?hl=en)
>
> Ben

Yeah, but what about: