or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › reheating chicken thighs from the oven
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

reheating chicken thighs from the oven

post #1 of 8
i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
staggered times throughout the evening.

if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that change
the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
thanks for advice.
post #2 of 8

Re: reheating chicken thighs from the oven

"jw 1111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote in message
> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
> staggered times throughout the evening.
>
> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
> change the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up
> cold? thanks for advice.

They'll heat up with no problem. But, juicy meats tend to heat up faster
than you might expect. So, use a low-medium power setting, cover with waxed
paper (NOT plastic wrap), and pay attention to the sounds & smells.
post #3 of 8

Re: reheating chicken thighs from the oven

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:13:26 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, "jw 1111"
<blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> hit the crackpipe and declared:
>i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>staggered times throughout the evening.
>
>if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
>heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that change
>the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
>thanks for advice.

Did you get these "masses of chicken thighs" for free somewhere?
Frankly if I arrived for dinner and was served some nasty old chicken
thigh from the microwave, you'd find said chicken thigh wedged in your
rectum.

Cheap bastard!
post #4 of 8

Re: reheating chicken thighs from the oven

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:15:05 GMT, in rec.food.cooking,
"JoeSpareBedroom" <dishborealis@yahoo.com> hit the crackpipe and
declared:

>"jw 1111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote in message
>> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>> staggered times throughout the evening.
>>
>> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
>> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
>> change the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up
>> cold? thanks for advice.
>>

>They'll heat up with no problem. But, juicy meats tend to heat up faster
>than you might expect. So, use a low-medium power setting, cover with waxed
>paper (NOT plastic wrap), and pay attention to the sounds & smells.

So what sounds do chicken thighs make? I'm sure they don't make the
same sound that your fat assed old lady's make when she waddles to the
freezer for some more bonbons.
post #5 of 8

Re: reheating chicken thighs from the oven

My concern is the microwaved thighs will turn rubbery.
A different strategy might be to keep them warm in a low
oven throughout the evening, rather than cooling/reheating.

Steve
post #6 of 8

Re: reheating chicken thighs from the oven

In article <q3ocg.10110$S.682@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>,
"jw 1111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote:

> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
> staggered times throughout the evening.
>
> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that change
> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
> thanks for advice.

Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
--
Peace!
Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a *****"
-- Jack Nicholson
post #7 of 8

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <Omelet@brokeneggs.com> wrote in message
> In article <q3ocg.10110$S.682@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>,
> "jw 1111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote:
>
>> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>> staggered times throughout the evening.
>>
>> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they
>> successfully
>> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
>> change
>> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
>> thanks for advice.

> Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
> --
> Peace!
> Om

Ms Om, would you like to restate that advice? Are you suggesting she warm up
one serving at a time, or would you rather say "small batches"?
post #8 of 8

"JoeSpareBedroom" <dishborealis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <Omelet@brokeneggs.com> wrote in message
>> In article <q3ocg.10110$S.682@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>,
>> "jw 1111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote:
>>
>>> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>>> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>>> staggered times throughout the evening.
>>>
>>> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they
>>> successfully
>>> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
>>> change
>>> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
>>> thanks for advice.

>> Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Om

> Ms Om, would you like to restate that advice? Are you suggesting she warm
> up one serving at a time, or would you rather say "small batches"?

and would that be 'warmed up' in the oven or microwave please?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition