or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Doping in Cycling › Full list of dope suspects published
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Full list of dope suspects published - Page 24

post #346 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
Nov. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Spain today made supplying banned drugs to athletes -- a practice that can reap $30,000-a-week, according to a former cyclist -- a crime punishable by up to two years in prison...
On it's face this seems like a good thing but athletes aren't going to stop doing drugs. Now they'll just start winging it. You'll probably seem more positive test along with more athletes dying in their sleep.
post #347 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Francesco Moser "it is about time to look for a serene approach to find a way out of this quagmire."

More at www.cyclingheroes.info
post #348 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingheroes
Francesco Moser "it is about time to look for a serene approach to find a way out of this quagmire."

More at www.cyclingheroes.info
Moser for head of UCI now!! McQuaid resign now. At last a man who talks sense.
post #349 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Cycling needs to attack this doping with a different approch then it now has. Doping has been part of cycling so long it is part of the sport. The organizations, teams and riders never considered it for anything else. We had several low level riders calling "foul", but to me they knew what they were getting into. And to me , they are the true scum of cycling. These guys who write "tell all books" would have never written the books if they had won a few major races. Or had the feds bust through their doors.

So here we are..... if you a fan of cycling for more then a few years you knew dope was a major part of this. You enjoyed the sport. You are as guilty as any of the riders........ Don't cry "justice " now. Don't call for heads to roll.

If change is wanted, then it must be done within without gutting the sport. Gutting the sport will destroy it.

Doping is taken on a new look in society. It has become "fodder" for the media. The sponsors are crying to clean the sport up. Only for their own public image. So what does cycling do? They sacrifice JU/Basso and others. The very same guys who brought the public to the dance. These are the guys who just followed the rules of cycling...... The sport was improved with LA,JU and Basso types. If the sport wants to eliminate anyone who has been connected with dope, will it have any one to promote?

Wait ....."They cheated", a few people call out......The fact is the "Real Rules " of cycling allow doping. When you take out your pro certificate, you fully understand that in order to suceed in this sport at the upper level , dope is required. At this point you have already decided that is OK by you if winning a major GT is in your list of goals.

It is noble to want dope free cycling...... but unrealistic. If you want to watch dope free cycling go to the "big wheel kidde races" at a alocal festival.

Cycling needs to take this out of the public eye in order to ensure cycling maintains it's ability to attract sponsors. The powers in cycling fully understand that cycling is nothing more then a venue of enertainment. Cycling in itself may be a noble pursuit, but cycling racing is a perversion of that.
post #350 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxvi
Moser for head of UCI now!! McQuaid resign now. At last a man who talks sense.
Yeah...... let's put a doper in charge!!!!!!!
post #351 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
Yeah...... let's put a doper in charge!!!!!!!
Yeah but he's Italian - it does not count and he was a real dish. Nicer to look at than poor old McQuaid, who I should imagine cant wait to get out now.
post #352 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Michael Barry on German website radsport-aktiv.de today:"DNA samples are nescessary for the image of the sport." I wonder if he was aware of what he actually said...



Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
Cycling needs to attack this doping with a different approch then it now has. Doping has been part of cycling so long it is part of the sport. The organizations, teams and riders never considered it for anything else. We had several low level riders calling "foul", but to me they knew what they were getting into. And to me , they are the true scum of cycling. These guys who write "tell all books" would have never written the books if they had won a few major races. Or had the feds bust through their doors.

So here we are..... if you a fan of cycling for more then a few years you knew dope was a major part of this. You enjoyed the sport. You are as guilty as any of the riders........ Don't cry "justice " now. Don't call for heads to roll.

If change is wanted, then it must be done within without gutting the sport. Gutting the sport will destroy it.

Doping is taken on a new look in society. It has become "fodder" for the media. The sponsors are crying to clean the sport up. Only for their own public image. So what does cycling do? They sacrifice JU/Basso and others. The very same guys who brought the public to the dance. These are the guys who just followed the rules of cycling...... The sport was improved with LA,JU and Basso types. If the sport wants to eliminate anyone who has been connected with dope, will it have any one to promote?

Wait ....."They cheated", a few people call out......The fact is the "Real Rules " of cycling allow doping. When you take out your pro certificate, you fully understand that in order to suceed in this sport at the upper level , dope is required. At this point you have already decided that is OK by you if winning a major GT is in your list of goals.

It is noble to want dope free cycling...... but unrealistic. If you want to watch dope free cycling go to the "big wheel kidde races" at a alocal festival.

Cycling needs to take this out of the public eye in order to ensure cycling maintains it's ability to attract sponsors. The powers in cycling fully understand that cycling is nothing more then a venue of enertainment. Cycling in itself may be a noble pursuit, but cycling racing is a perversion of that.
post #353 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingheroes
Michael Barry on German website radsport-aktiv.de today:"DNA samples are nescessary for the image of the sport." I wonder if he was aware of what he actually said...
He's a T-Mobiler now so he can say... unlike the gag thats placed on at DC.......
post #354 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingheroes
Michael Barry on German website radsport-aktiv.de today:"DNA samples are nescessary for the image of the sport." I wonder if he was aware of what he actually said...
I've first met MB when he was a 5 year old lad running around his father's (Mike Barry) famous bike shop in Toronto (Bicyclesport).

For what its worth, both Barry's have stated that they were disgusted at the anti-Lance witch hunt (this in private) as there was no foundation to the allegations.

It was a pleasure to cheer on Mike on the road side at the WC's in Hamilton in 2003 and the Athens Olympics in 2004. Nice guy. Very sincere IMO and someone to be trusted. I'm sure he's pained by the negative image which now envelopes cycling.

Sadly, he'll say anything with T-Mobile pointing a gun to his head. Its only the big names who can stand up to the Lefevere mafia and say guilty unless proven innocent has no place in a democracy.

WBT, you're talking trash as usual. Don't let any facts get in the way of your rants ...
post #355 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

The kinife cuts deep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafino
I've first met MB when he was a 5 year old lad running around his father's (Mike Barry) famous bike shop in Toronto (Bicyclesport).

For what its worth, both Barry's have stated that they were disgusted at the anti-Lance witch hunt (this in private) as there was no foundation to the allegations.

It was a pleasure to cheer on Mike on the road side at the WC's in Hamilton in 2003 and the Athens Olympics in 2004. Nice guy. Very sincere IMO and someone to be trusted. I'm sure he's pained by the negative image which now envelopes cycling.

Sadly, he'll say anything with T-Mobile pointing a gun to his head. Its only the big names who can stand up to the Lefevere mafia and say guilty unless proven innocent has no place in a democracy.

WBT, you're talking trash as usual. Don't let any facts get in the way of your rants ...
post #356 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Erik Zabel: "In view of the development of this affair perhaps heads should roll within the UCI or WADA."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/p...o1007673.shtml
post #357 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

What the ? A non-cyclist getting caught up with Fuentes ?
____________


The German Athletics Federation (DLV) confirmed Monday that legal investigations have been opened against Olympic 800 metre champion Nils Schumann and Grit Breuer for alleged breach of anti-doping rules.

The investigations are a result of files made available during the doping process against athletics coach Thomas Springstein, who is under criminal investigation after an underage athlete was found to be involved in doping.

Schumann, winner of Olympic gold at Sydney 2000, and former 400m runner Breuer have been asked to give a written statement to the DLV, which has also filed a complaint with state prosecutors in Magdeburg against Spanish doctor Arzt Miguel Anguel Peraita and Dutch athletes' manager Jos Hermens.

Peraita has been linked with Madrid doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is under investigation in Spain in a high-profile doping scandal that involved former Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich and Giro d'Italia victor Ivan Basso.

The DLV said the complaint was based on the importation and distribution of medical products for use in doping.

"The DLV doesn't just talk about zero tolerance for doping, it practises it," said organization president Clemens Prokop. "Doping has reached such a level of organization now that it can only be fought by a combined effort of sport and state."
post #358 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

The link with Peraita was known, finally the DLV acted (after 4 months..)



Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
What the ? A non-cyclist getting caught up with Fuentes ?
____________


The German Athletics Federation (DLV) confirmed Monday that legal investigations have been opened against Olympic 800 metre champion Nils Schumann and Grit Breuer for alleged breach of anti-doping rules.

The investigations are a result of files made available during the doping process against athletics coach Thomas Springstein, who is under criminal investigation after an underage athlete was found to be involved in doping.

Schumann, winner of Olympic gold at Sydney 2000, and former 400m runner Breuer have been asked to give a written statement to the DLV, which has also filed a complaint with state prosecutors in Magdeburg against Spanish doctor Arzt Miguel Anguel Peraita and Dutch athletes' manager Jos Hermens.

Peraita has been linked with Madrid doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is under investigation in Spain in a high-profile doping scandal that involved former Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich and Giro d'Italia victor Ivan Basso.

The DLV said the complaint was based on the importation and distribution of medical products for use in doping.

"The DLV doesn't just talk about zero tolerance for doping, it practises it," said organization president Clemens Prokop. "Doping has reached such a level of organization now that it can only be fought by a combined effort of sport and state."
post #359 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingheroes
The link with Peraita was known, finally the DLV acted (after 4 months..)
Heres spoke today and still claims he's innocent........ what is the world coming to ? He even claimed his team hasn't backed him enough !
post #360 of 429

Re: Full list of dope suspects published

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
Heres spoke today and still claims he's innocent........ what is the world coming to ? He even claimed his team hasn't backed him enough !
Wait until you read the interview with Tylers dad... I am working on it at the moment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Doping in Cycling
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Doping in Cycling › Full list of dope suspects published