or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fit Calculator

post #1 of 6
Hello,

Looking for web based fit resources. Do any sites give saddle setback
and handlebar reach measurements based on user measurements? Found one
at competitive cyclist, but it leaves much to be desired.

Thanks,

nate
post #2 of 6

Re: Fit Calculator

On 3 Jul 2006 13:35:43 -0700, "Llatikcuf" <Llatikcuf@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Looking for web based fit resources. Do any sites give saddle setback
>and handlebar reach measurements based on user measurements? Found one
>at competitive cyclist, but it leaves much to be desired.
>
>Thanks,
>
>nate

Dear Nate,

http://www.wrenchscience.com/WS1/Sec...ing/Height.asp

http://www.strawberrybicycle.com/frames-custom.php

http://www.zinncycles.com/fitsystems/default_ie.aspx

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #3 of 6

Re: Fit Calculator

> Dear Nate,
>
> http://www.wrenchscience.com/WS1/Sec...ing/Height.asp
>
> http://www.strawberrybicycle.com/frames-custom.php
>
> http://www.zinncycles.com/fitsystems/default_ie.aspx
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Thanks for the help Carl.

-nate
post #4 of 6

Re: Fit Calculator

Greg wrote:
> I know this isn't a web-based resource, but you should check out two
> books:
>
> Greg LeMond's Complete Book of Bicycling - ISBN 0-399-51439-2
> Bicycle Road Racing by Edward Borysewicz - ISBN0-941950-07-7
>
> Both provide similar methods for measuring and fitting all aspects of
> the bike. It uses some formulas and various tables that, in my
> opinion, should be used to get one "in the ball park" as a reference
> point and then tweaking from there.
>
> Both books should be available at the public library.
>
> Greg Wood

I will check them out, Thanks.

-nate
post #5 of 6

Re: Fit Calculator

Llatikcuf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking for web based fit resources. Do any sites give saddle setback
> and handlebar reach measurements based on user measurements? Found one
> at competitive cyclist, but it leaves much to be desired.
>
> Thanks,
>
> nate

Ed Zimmerman has Ergobike, which takes a lot of body measurements and
in return gives recommendations based on several popular formulas
(Lemond, Eddy B, CONI, etc.). I like it because I can see how big the
bullseye is by how much they disagree. ;-)

http://www.bsn.com/Cycling/ergobike.html

"This program attempts, on the basis of anthropometric measurements, to
assist in the determination of ones optimal road bicycle position. The
focus of this program is upon competitive models for general road
racing. Criterium, cross, mountain, track and other disciplines (and
positions such as the Position American popular in triathlon and
Time-Trialing) will have different values. Dozens of models from
researchers, many coaches and books have been included. Sound like
rocket science? Fortunately rocket science has a sounder basis."
post #6 of 6

Re: Fit Calculator

dianne_1234@yahoo.com wrote:

> Ed Zimmerman has Ergobike, which takes a lot of body measurements and
> in return gives recommendations based on several popular formulas
> (Lemond, Eddy B, CONI, etc.). I like it because I can see how big the
> bullseye is by how much they disagree. ;-)
>
> http://www.bsn.com/Cycling/ergobike.html
>
> "This program attempts, on the basis of anthropometric measurements, to
> assist in the determination of ones optimal road bicycle position. The
> focus of this program is upon competitive models for general road
> racing. Criterium, cross, mountain, track and other disciplines (and
> positions such as the Position American popular in triathlon and
> Time-Trialing) will have different values. Dozens of models from
> researchers, many coaches and books have been included. Sound like
> rocket science? Fortunately rocket science has a sounder basis."

I have never been able to get this one to work. Always gives me an
error after I submit.

-nate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home