or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

post #1 of 7
Based on what I have experienced of women's farts, all I can say is
that I hope not. Scientific studies of farts show that women's farts
have a higher concentration of odor-causing gases than men's farts, but
men's farts have a larger volume. The two factors equalize out (the
same number of stench molecules for both), so the odor is about the
same.

More fart facst : www.jeffssite.net/fartfacts
post #2 of 7

Re: Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

Myth Busters did some sort of fart story...true

so, you might find your question addressd scientifically there
post #3 of 7

cfcjeff@hotmail.com wrote:
> Based on what I have experienced of women's farts, all I can say is
> that I hope not. Scientific studies of farts show that women's farts
> have a higher concentration of odor-causing gases than men's farts, but
> men's farts have a larger volume. The two factors equalize out (the
> same number of stench molecules for both), so the odor is about the
> same.
>
> More fart facst : www.jeffssite.net/fartfacts

I'm sure Frank "the Pompous Gasbag" Krygowski will have all the "facts"
and "data" on this subject.
post #4 of 7

Re: Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

In article
<531Aussie.2ah9e0@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com>,
531Aussie
<531Aussie.2ah9e0@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> Myth Busters did some sort of fart story...true

Not an illuminating episode. They typically offer very
little research.

<http://gastroresource.com/GITextbook/En/chapter1/1-9.htm>

Intestinal floras differ from person to person. Some
bacteria produce hydrogen, while others consume it. In one
person out of three, an organism called
Methanobrevibacter smithii converts hydrogen to methane.
The presence of this organism and the methane-producing
trait are a result of early environment. Spouses do not
share the trait with one another. Another product of
fermentation, carbon dioxide, is also released when
hydrochloric acid reacts with bicarbonate in the
intestines. However, this gas is quickly absorbed.
Hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and swallowed nitrogen
comprise 99% of colon gas. The remaining 1% consists of
trace gases that compensate for their small quantities by
their strong odors. Smelly gases include hydrogen sulfide
ammonia, skatole, indole and volatile fatty acids.

--
Michael Press
post #5 of 7

Re: Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

If you really believe that women's farts smell worse than men's, then
you never rode behind Nick Farac-Ban, the Berkeley Bike Barb, in a
paceline.
post #6 of 7

Re: Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

?????????????????????!

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net
post #7 of 7

Re: Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

Group: rec.bicycles.tech Date: Wed, Jul 5, 2006, 8:22pm From:
sans@noseeumnet.net (Sans Lucre)

>And don't forget that men are outgunned
>in this area. Women are double barrel!
>;-)

>sans

Yes, but the second barrel doesn't extend all the way back to the
breach!

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"