Mushroom and intestinal immunity

Biomed Res. 2007 Apr;28(2):71-7.
Potentiation of intestinal immunity by micellary mushroom extracts.
Shen J, Ren H, Tomiyama-Miyaji C, Suga Y, Suga T, Kuwano Y, Iiai T,
Hatakeyama K, Abo T.
Department of Immunology, Niigata University School of Medicine.

Mushroom (shiitake) extracts were dispersed with lecithin micelles to
prepare superfine particles (0.05 to 0.2 mum in diameter) of beta-1,3-
glucan (micellary mushroom extracts). When mice were fed with these
micelles of beta-glucan (0.75 mg/day/mouse, smaller amounts of beta-
glucan), the number of lymphocytes yielded by the small intestine
increased by up to 40%. More interestingly, the ratio of
CD8alphabeta(+)TCRalphabeta(+) cells/CD8alphaalpha(+)TCRalphabeta(+)
cells increased prominently. In parallel with this deviation in the
distribution of lymphocyte subsets, tumor cytotoxicity against P815
cells and cytokine productions were also augmented. In other words,
phylogenetically developed lymphocytes (CD8alphabeta(+),
TCRalphabeta(+)) were much more effectively activated by the oral
administration of micellary beta-glucan. These results suggest that
smaller amounts of micellary beta-glucan might be useful for the
potentiation of intestinal immunity.

PMID: 17510491 [PubMed - in process]

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

Im going to try a blend of mushrroms in acouple months. I'm doing a
liver cleanse now then going to do a chelation. Thanx for the info

Stan

On May 19, 10:19 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Biomed Res. 2007 Apr;28(2):71-7.
> Potentiation of intestinal immunity by micellary mushroom extracts.
> Shen J, Ren H, Tomiyama-Miyaji C, Suga Y, Suga T, Kuwano Y, Iiai T,
> Hatakeyama K, Abo T.
> Department of Immunology, Niigata University School of Medicine.
>
> Mushroom (shiitake) extracts were dispersed with lecithin micelles to
> prepare superfine particles (0.05 to 0.2 mum in diameter) of beta-1,3-
> glucan (micellary mushroom extracts). When mice were fed with these
> micelles of beta-glucan (0.75 mg/day/mouse, smaller amounts of beta-
> glucan), the number of lymphocytes yielded by the small intestine
> increased by up to 40%. More interestingly, the ratio of
> CD8alphabeta(+)TCRalphabeta(+) cells/CD8alphaalpha(+)TCRalphabeta(+)
> cells increased prominently. In parallel with this deviation in the
> distribution of lymphocyte subsets, tumor cytotoxicity against P815
> cells and cytokine productions were also augmented. In other words,
> phylogenetically developed lymphocytes (CD8alphabeta(+),
> TCRalphabeta(+)) were much more effectively activated by the oral
> administration of micellary beta-glucan. These results suggest that
> smaller amounts of micellary beta-glucan might be useful for the
> potentiation of intestinal immunity.
>
> PMID: 17510491 [PubMed - in process]
>
> Who loves ya.
> Tom
>
> Jesus Was A Vegetarian!http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
>
> Man Is A Herbivore!http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3
>
> DEAD PEOPLE WALKINGhttp://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

Mushrooms is what caused my last "bent over like a ball for hours and
hours" episode.......this happened previously to that also when I ate
mushrooms. So I now know the cause........and I will DEFINETLY never
again eat them.

Dean