Wine-and-herb tasting party

The Joneses

Guest
1. I'd serve white champagne so as not to overpower anything else. Or break
up the service in white/rose/dark courses.
2. I'd only have about 10 courses or tastes. This *is* a foodie party
mainly. Maybe 10 is too many or too ambitious?
3. I'd end up with hot cocoa with my new (from Penzey's) Sichuan Pepper. I
tasted a 'corn by itself and it really numbs the tongue like a weird
overdose of mild heat flavored with a hint of coolth. I saw a teeny rich
(Italian?) dessert on tv - was a chocolate pudding/quiche/flan looking
thing. That might be better than hot chocolate. Or cocoa served in demitasse
cups.
What would you have a your party?
Edrena

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:25:45 -0600, The Joneses wrote:

> 3. I'd end up with hot cocoa with my new (from Penzey's) Sichuan Pepper. I
> tasted a 'corn by itself and it really numbs the tongue like a weird
> overdose of mild heat flavored with a hint of coolth.

A good fresh Sichuan peppercorn should make your tongue tingle
like crazy and make it sweat - especially the tip of the tongue.

-sw