The ultimate running footwear

On Jun 5, 1:51 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 5, 1:00 am, josue <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Check out:http://groups.google.com/group/huarachesfordiscussions on
> > this traditional Tarahumara running sandal. People are running long
> > distances in these homemade sandals with wonderful results.

> The ultimate running footwear, are your feet.

I definitely agree with you, but for extremely rugged mountain trails
where your feet most likely would not hold up without extensive
training, the huaraches are excellent. I wish I could go barefoot
everywhere I run, and perhaps one day I will be able to do so. For
now, I train both barefoot and in huaraches depending on my terrain

If we never wore shoes as children we could probably run
barefoot on trails. Some peole claim it doesnt take that long
to recover this skill.

Jogging sandals?

Just when you thought that shmuck in the mirror couldn't look any
goofier...

On Jun 5, 11:42 am, [email protected] (Miss Anne Thrope) wrote:
> Jogging sandals?
>
> Just when you thought that shmuck in the mirror couldn't look any
> goofier...

That is definitely the spirit the shoe companies want us to embody.
Of course it is not all about looks is it?

On Jun 5, 9:31 am, rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
> If we never wore shoes as children we could probably run
> barefoot on trails. Some peole claim it doesnt take that long
> to recover this skill.

I agree. I grew up mostly barefoot and in huaraches, and I can run on
some pretty harsh surfaces completely barefoot. After a while though,
I end up putting my huaraches on. Barefoot Ted (barefootted.com) has
not taken too long to become extremely skillful at this.

On Jun 5, 9:12 am, josue <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 1:51 am, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > > The ultimate running footwear, are your feet.

> I definitely agree with you, but for extremely rugged mountain trails
> where your feet most likely would not hold up without extensive
> training, the huaraches are excellent. I wish I could go barefoot
> everywhere I run, and perhaps one day I will be able to do so. For
> now, I train both barefoot and in huaraches depending on my terrain

Pansie