or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LH or RH thread in C-Record cranks

post #1 of 5
Hi there.. I've read conflicting information about whether or not
C-Record cranks have LH or RH threads. My cranks appear to have
self-extracting bolts (ie, looks sort of like a dust cap and takes a
7mm allen). Specifically, which way to I turn this bolt to remove the
crank?

And to put it back on again, I assume you just turn it the opposite
direction?

Thank you...
post #2 of 5

Re: LH or RH thread in C-Record cranks

Current generation Campy not self-extracting. Remove bolts
counter-clockwise, then use crank puller to remove arms.
post #3 of 5

Lou D'Amelio wrote:
> Current generation Campy not self-extracting. Remove bolts
> counter-clockwise, then use crank puller to remove arms.

He's talking about C-Record. I have a set that is unmounted so it is
easy to check, and the bolts have the self-extractor shoulder ring, and
the fixing bolts have normal threads on both sides.

Joseph
post #4 of 5

stuff@lautmaschine.com wrote:
> And to put it back on again, I assume you just turn it the opposite
> direction?

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=103

See the link "manufacturers' recommended torque". It might be more than
you want to do with a shortie Allen key.

Auto Zone has single 3/8" socket drive x 7mm Allen keys that will fit a
Sears or whatever torque wrench, so you don't have to buy the whole
set. Put on properly, the crank won't loosen in use and potentially be
ruined. --D-y
post #5 of 5

bfd wrote:
> joseph.santaniello@gmail.com wrote:
> > Lou D'Amelio wrote:
> > > Current generation Campy not self-extracting. Remove bolts
> > > counter-clockwise, then use crank puller to remove arms.

> > He's talking about C-Record. I have a set that is unmounted so it is
> > easy to check, and the bolts have the self-extractor shoulder ring, and
> > the fixing bolts have normal threads on both sides.
> >

> Yes, C-Record cranks have self-extracting bolts that require a 7mm
> wrench or socket. You remove the crank by turning counter (anti)
> clockwise. Installation is the reverse.
>
> Note - IF you install the cranks without the self-extracting bolts you
> will need a left-hand threaded crank extractor that is rare, expensive
> and hard to find.

Not really rare or expensive. Lots of Campag part distributors have
them and the same $ as a right hand Campag extractor. No, not in MO or
most places ya find tools but it's not like the Holy grail or anything
like that-$30...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment