Recipes for Le Creuset french oven?

mike_spok

Guest
Hello all - I just purchase a Le Creuset 3 1/2" round french oven.
Looking forward to cooking with it!

I'm looking for recipes (entrees, etc) that can be prepared in this.
Does anyone have a link or a group of recipes that they could share?
Thanks in advance!

Mike

mike_spok <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello all - I just purchase a Le Creuset 3 1/2" round french oven.
>Looking forward to cooking with it!

Before answering, are you saying this Le Creuset is 3 1/2" in
diameter? That's really small.

Steve

"Steve Pope" <[email protected]> wrote:
> mike_spok <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hello all - I just purchase a Le Creuset 3 1/2" round french oven.
>>Looking forward to cooking with it!

> Before answering, are you saying this Le Creuset is 3 1/2" in
> diameter? That's really small.

Could be a typo and he meant 3-1/2 quarts. Or it could be that small. I have one
that's about 4 inches inside diameter, but I wouldn't call it a round french
oven. I use it for baking cubed squash or sliced apples with cinnamon and sugar.

Le Creuset calls these little things a mini cocotte. Mine is older but might be
a similar size to this one:

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/guide.php?product_id=88

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Sorry, yes - I meant to type 3 1/2 qts. :)

Mike

On May 8, 1:54 pm, "wff_ng_7" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Steve Pope" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > mike_spok <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Hello all - I just purchase a Le Creuset 3 1/2" round french oven.
> >>Looking forward to cooking with it!

> > Before answering, are you saying this Le Creuset is 3 1/2" in
> > diameter? That's really small.

> Could be a typo and he meant 3-1/2 quarts. Or it could be that small. I have one
> that's about 4 inches inside diameter, but I wouldn't call it a round french
> oven. I use it for baking cubed squash or sliced apples with cinnamon and sugar.
>
> Le Creuset calls these little things a mini cocotte. Mine is older but might be
> a similar size to this one:
>
> http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/guide.php?product_id=88
>
> --
> wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

mike_spok <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry, yes - I meant to type 3 1/2 qts. :)

Excellent.

Perhaps the class example of a dish cooked in a Le Creuset
would be a cassoulet. Or maybe a choucroute. I use them
for everything from chile verde to macaroni and cheese to
braised salmon. Anything that benefits from the stable
temperature and even heating of a good heavy oven-proof pot,
and you will find they clean up nearly as easily as a nonstick
pot, but without the toxic pthalates those will generate.

Steve

mike_spok wrote:
> Sorry, yes - I meant to type 3 1/2 qts. :)

You could start here:

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/recipes.php?recipe_id=37

Also check out our Signature dish recipe section on the RFC website.

This works well for lamb or chicken in mine:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/LadyJane/Lamb & Spinach Curry.html

and this:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/Dave Smith/Lamb Shanks with Caramelized Onions.html

or this:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/Christine Dabney/On Again, Off Again Pot Roast.html

Good luck with your "new toy"! I am sure you will enjoy using it :)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

mike_spok wrote:
> Sorry, yes - I meant to type 3 1/2 qts. :)
>
> Mike

That is quite small, but anything suitable for a dutch oven is suitable
for the Crueset. I had the 7 quart one, and gave it away because even
empty it was too heavy for me.

Overall, it can be used as sort of a top of the stove oven-wannabe, or
for stews, braises, and also can bake things in a fireplace if the power
goes out!

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:44:12 +0200, Giusi <[email protected]> wrote:

>Overall, it can be used as sort of a top of the stove oven-wannabe, or
>for stews, braises, and also can bake things in a fireplace if the power
>goes out!

Also risotto or a small batch of chili... 8;)

-- Larry

Great - thanks for all the suggestions and links - very much
appreciated!

Mike