Food lovers Guide to Australia

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> PeterL wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 08:43:09 +0200 (CEST):
>

> http://www20.sbs.com.au/foodlovers/feast_results.php?seriesID=5&episode
> ID=
> P> 65&key=#
>
> P> http://tinyurl.com/2cwmea
>
> P> And, I'm going to try my hand at making my own olives.
>
> Let's keep religion out of the discussion :)

Opps!!! OK, I'm going to try my hand at pickling my own olives!!!

(Believe me, if I could make olives, I'd be turning the water red first ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell

In article <[email protected]>, PeterL <[email protected]> wrote:
>"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>> PeterL wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 08:43:09 +0200 (CEST):
>> P>
>> http://www20.sbs.com.au/foodlovers/feast_results.php?seriesID=5&episode
>> ID=P65&key=#
>>
>> P> http://tinyurl.com/2cwmea
>>
>> P> And, I'm going to try my hand at making my own olives.
>>
>> Let's keep religion out of the discussion :)

>Opps!!! OK, I'm going to try my hand at pickling my own olives!!!
>
>(Believe me, if I could make olives, I'd be turning the water red first ;-)

Reminds me of an agri-religio topic when I was at university decades
ago.

One of our more fundamental colleagues challenged our resident
catholic theologian on that "Christ turned water into wine" legend in
the NT.

According to the evangelical, this wouldn't have been possible
"because wine takes a significant time to ferment" so the miracle was
simply a matter of turning water into grape juice. (No EtOH there. :)

As the mick pointed out, anyone who can go that first step is hardly
likely to stumble over a little problem with fermentation time!

Cheers, Phred.

--
[email protected]LID