Mussel Shoals, CA

Dimitri

Guest
http://cliffhouseinn.com/

If you are ever driving north of Los Angeles about 1/2 way between Ventura &
Santa Barbara is a little "bend in the road" called Muscle Shoals CA. Muscle
shoals is an excuse for an artificial island used for oil pumping. It actually
used to be called Arco Island.

Seated in the bend in the road on the water is a furbished "motel" called the
Cliff House Inn. Down stairs there is a nice little restaurant called Shoals
Restaurant.

If you ever have the chance - save Santa Barbara for dinner and have lunch
there. I had what they called Cioppino - more of a cross between bouillabaisse
and the traditional Cioppino.

Well worth the stop.

Enjoy,

Dimitri

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> http://cliffhouseinn.com/
>
> If you are ever driving north of Los Angeles about 1/2 way between
> Ventura & Santa Barbara is a little "bend in the road" called Muscle
> Shoals CA. Muscle shoals is an excuse for an artificial island used
> for oil pumping. It actually used to be called Arco Island.
>
> Seated in the bend in the road on the water is a furbished "motel"
> called the Cliff House Inn. Down stairs there is a nice little
> restaurant called Shoals Restaurant.
>
> If you ever have the chance - save Santa Barbara for dinner and have
> lunch there. I had what they called Cioppino - more of a cross
> between bouillabaisse and the traditional Cioppino.
>
> Well worth the stop.

LOL!! I thought you were going to let us in on a secret location of
fresh seafood!!

If you're ever in Tasmania, I'll let you know where to find *hand* sized
Oysters for free :)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer
gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken
bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-
pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten

Dimitri wrote:
> http://cliffhouseinn.com/
>
> If you are ever driving north of Los Angeles about 1/2 way between
> Ventura & Santa Barbara is a little "bend in the road" called Muscle
> Shoals CA. Muscle shoals is an excuse for an artificial island used
> for oil pumping. It actually used to be called Arco Island.
>
> Seated in the bend in the road on the water is a furbished "motel"
> called the Cliff House Inn. Down stairs there is a nice little
> restaurant called Shoals Restaurant.
>
> If you ever have the chance - save Santa Barbara for dinner and have
> lunch there. I had what they called Cioppino - more of a cross
> between bouillabaisse and the traditional Cioppino.
>
> Well worth the stop.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Dimitri

I've been past the Cliff House several times when I lived in LA, but I never
stopped. If I'm ever out that way again, I'll stop next time. Thanks,
Dimitri.

kili

"PeterL" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> LOL!! I thought you were going to let us in on a secret location of
> fresh seafood!!

> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia

Nope - that's a spell up the road in Moro Bay California.

http://www.morrobay.com/

If you don't want to cook, then a little further you can go to the Sea Shanty
in Cayucos for their Local Catch Fish & Chips preceded by their Boston Clam
Chowder. HOWEVER save room for their MUD PIE.

Dimitri

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "PeterL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

>> LOL!! I thought you were going to let us in on a secret location of
>> fresh seafood!!

>> Peter Lucas
>> Brisbane
>> Australia

> Nope - that's a spell up the road in Moro Bay California.
>
> http://www.morrobay.com/
>
> If you don't want to cook, then a little further you can go to the
> Sea Shanty in Cayucos for their Local Catch Fish & Chips preceded by
> their Boston Clam Chowder. HOWEVER save room for their MUD PIE.
>
> Dimitri

Damn!! Almost worth another trip to CA!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer
gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken
bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-
pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten

On Fri, 11 May 2007 08:58:35 -0700, "Dimitri" <[email protected]>
magnanimously proffered:

>http://cliffhouseinn.com/
>
>If you are ever driving north of Los Angeles about 1/2 way between Ventura &
>Santa Barbara is a little "bend in the road" called Muscle Shoals CA. Muscle
>shoals is an excuse for an artificial island used for oil pumping. It actually
>used to be called Arco Island.
>
>Seated in the bend in the road on the water is a furbished "motel" called the
>Cliff House Inn. Down stairs there is a nice little restaurant called Shoals
>Restaurant.
>
>If you ever have the chance - save Santa Barbara for dinner and have lunch
>there. I had what they called Cioppino - more of a cross between bouillabaisse
>and the traditional Cioppino.
>
>Well worth the stop.
>
>Enjoy,
>
>Dimitri

Thanks for the heads-up. It's on the next point south of my old
surfing haunt, Rincon. I've passed it countless times over the years
and seen the sign for the Cliff House. But I didn't know about the
restaurant until now. We'll check it out on our next visit friends
further north.

On second thought, after checking their menus and wine list we might
have to spend a night or two at the inn before we get to Santa
Barbara.

http://www.cliffhouseinn.com/

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...