OT "Ew! What's that Smell?"

The Ranger

Guest
[Posted to AM 10/11/01. -- TR]

Well... Yours truly learned a valuable lesson yesterday -- there
is such a thing as too much Gahr-lihck!

Took Spawn out to a new Chinese restaurant (such a FIND!) for a
quick, quiet lunch. I enjoyed their squid in garlic sauce. Chunks
o' Gahr-lihc quite liberally floated in the garlic-enhanced sauce;
it was mouth-wateringly delicious. (Spawn also enjoyed gnoshin' on
her chicken lunch, too.) At the end of the meal, I was moved to
order a side [of the same dish] to go.

I was car-less having dropped my car off at the dealership
earlier. The restaurant, conveniently, was a not-too-far-to-walk
distance, which allowed me to meander (Spawn in her stroller) our
way back home.

Along the way there is a park. Spawn was already over the wall and
on her way towards the monkey bars before I lodged my [weak]
protest.

I looked at my wrist watch. 1315. Plenty of time before I had to
pick up Daughter-units Alpha and Beta from their school.

The weather was quite nice, mid-70's (F), lots o' Sun, a little
zephyr that took the edge off the heat. We (Spawn and me) had the
park to ourselves.

I parked it on the lone bench for displaced parents. The aroma
(from the boxed goods) was quite enticing. I might as well not
have had lunch; I was hungry... Again.

As I reached under the stroller for the bag, I remembered that I
didn't have anything to eat with (besides my fingers -- and I'm
much too prudish to do that with sloppy food.) I brushed the bag,
by accident, and heard something shift within. Hey! CHOPSTICKS!
Providence shines!

I launched into the boxed delights like a man possessed.

Spawn played. I wolfed. All was nice.

I must've made an impression at the restaurant, because the
"Chunks O' Gahr-lihk" were thick, slivered, cloves this time. I
didn't care. The dish was even more tasty, even more spicy, than
at lunch. I was a convert!

I finished the box in nothing flat, was able to wipe down and
clean up by stealing one of Spawn's wipes, collected her from the
slide¹, and walked on to pick up the other d-u's.

Thanks to Spawns tireless motivation, "Faster, daddy! Faster!" we
made it in plenty of time -- and to spare! My out-of-shape
blobness was quite unhappy with the unnecessary pace I'd pushed. I
puffed like a bellows.

Daughter-unit Beta was the first out of class. Spawn ran over and
bear hugged her into submission. I saw her bend in close, sniff,
wrinkle her nose, and trumpet, "Pee-yew! You're stinky!" Spawn,
thinking the obvious, yelled back, "Nuh-uh! Not eaver! Me no go
poopoo!"

D-uB, holding her nose, stepping away, "Stay away! You smell."

The two came over to the stroller. I leaned in close to Beta, "Go
get your sister. We'll wait here."

I saw her pull back again. "Ew! Yuck! What's that /SMELL/?"

<sigh> I've reached a point in Real Life where foods are now
fighting back!

This sucks.

The Ranger

¹ There was the usual gnashing of teeth and caterwauling but "we"
survived.

The Ranger wrote:
> [...]
> blobness was quite unhappy with the unnecessary pace I'd pushed. I
> puffed like a bellows.
>
> Daughter-unit Beta was the first out of class. Spawn ran over and
> bear hugged her into submission. I saw her bend in close, sniff,
> wrinkle her nose, and trumpet, "Pee-yew! You're stinky!" Spawn,
> thinking the obvious, yelled back, "Nuh-uh! Not eaver! Me no go
> poopoo!"
>
> D-uB, holding her nose, stepping away, "Stay away! You smell."
>
> The two came over to the stroller. I leaned in close to Beta, "Go
> get your sister. We'll wait here."
>
> I saw her pull back again. "Ew! Yuck! What's that /SMELL/?"
>
> <sigh> I've reached a point in Real Life where foods are now
> fighting back!
>
> This sucks.
>
> The Ranger
>
> ¹ There was the usual gnashing of teeth and caterwauling but "we"

LOL wonderful:))

"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote

> Well... Yours truly learned a valuable lesson yesterday -- there is such a
> thing as too much Gahr-lihck!

I woke myself up once, sweating out garlic. I haven't
changed my mind, no such thing as too much garlic!

nancy

In article <[email protected]>,
"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote:

> D-uB, holding her nose, stepping away, "Stay away! You smell."
>
> The two came over to the stroller. I leaned in close to Beta, "Go
> get your sister. We'll wait here."
>
> I saw her pull back again. "Ew! Yuck! What's that /SMELL/?"
>
> <sigh> I've reached a point in Real Life where foods are now
> fighting back!
>
> This sucks.
>
> The Ranger

<lol>

My dad loves garlic.
Whenever I do indulge him in his passion for it (he likes it more than I
do and I enjoy it in smaller quantities), I can smell him when I enter
his room. :) His sweat will scent the room he is in.

Fortunately, I don't find it offensive, but I will burn incense if I am
expecting company.

It works if you know what the good brands are.

Gonesh "Ancient times" or any of the hand made Nag Champa that is made
in India.

Most grocery store incense is ****. May as well use that spray room
deoderant nonsense.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a *****" -- Jack Nicholson

The Ranger wrote:
> <sigh> I've reached a point in Real Life where foods are now
> fighting back!
>
> This sucks.
>
> The Ranger
>
> ¹ There was the usual gnashing of teeth and caterwauling but "we"
> survived.

ROFL! good one!

--
-Gina in Italy

Sig Not Found.

If found, return to me promptly.

Nancy Young wrote:
> "The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Well... Yours truly learned a valuable lesson yesterday -- there is such a
>> thing as too much Gahr-lihck!

> I woke myself up once, sweating out garlic. I haven't
> changed my mind, no such thing as too much garlic!
>
> nancy

Keeps away mosquitoes and that's NEVER a bad thing!