haha, More for Me!

cybercat

Guest
These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.

:)

I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.

Do you have one?

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Not so much. There are enough dishes that we all enjoy that passing up
a few that only I like is no great hardship.

On Jun 16, 6:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Swedish Meetballs. I make them just for me since nobody likes 'em but
me. They remind me of my mom - although she called them Norwegian
Meetballs - since we have a speck of Norwegian in us. :)

-Tracy

"Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 16, 6:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?

> Swedish Meetballs. I make them just for me since nobody likes 'em but
> me. They remind me of my mom - although she called them Norwegian
> Meetballs - since we have a speck of Norwegian in us. :)

This is why I like pork and sauerkraut!! Though mostly English, my mother's
grandmother was right off the boat from Bavaria, and Mama retained a few
German recipes, this being one. So it's not only "haha, more for me! but it
reminds me of my mother, who died some years ago.

On Jun 16, 3:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Sure do, but some people are catching on. Mine is almost yours:
Hillshire Farms Kielbasa sliced thin in cabbage, with a cup or more of
vinegar, and well cooked. There's something about the vinegar....

Daniel B. Wheeler

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Artichokes are just for me. Perhaps at an older age my son will like
them, but right now my husband just tells me he hopes I enjoy them.

Something I don't make, but order now and again is pizza with eggplant.
The eggplant is thinly sliced and fried a bit before adding to the
pizza. No one else seems to like it.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

"cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

For me its tomato and chilli mussels, I love mussels but the rest of the
family start to dry retch at the mention of them.

--
Cheers
Craig L

Conquer thyself, till thou has done this, thou art but a slave; for it is
almost as well to be subjected to another's appetite as to thine own.
Sir Richard Francis Burton

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 16, 3:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?

> Sure do, but some people are catching on. Mine is almost yours:
> Hillshire Farms Kielbasa sliced thin in cabbage, with a cup or more of
> vinegar, and well cooked. There's something about the vinegar....

Oh, yeahhhhh! It's not only tasty with the meat, it almost seems to have a
tonic effect on the system. Or something. It is one of those things I eat
that I can just *tell* is good for me. It's hard to explain, but I know what
you mean.

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Pork and sauerkraut is mine as well. :~) Great minds think alike.

kili

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

>One of mine is like yours, but has grated potatoes, sauerkraut, browned

pork all layered and then beer poured over and simmered. The smell is
heavenly.

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

But everyone else likes mine too, so it isn't all for me.

"Giusi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cybercat wrote:
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?

> But everyone else likes mine too, so it isn't all for me.

O revs up the broomstick.. hm now how long will it take for me to get
there.................

Ophelia wrote:
> "Giusi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>>
>>> Do you have one?

>> But everyone else likes mine too, so it isn't all for me.
>>

> O revs up the broomstick.. hm now how long will it take for me to get
> there.................

Wrong season, O. I only make it in autumn and winter!

"Giusi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ophelia wrote:
>> "Giusi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> But everyone else likes mine too, so it isn't all for me.
>>>

>> O revs up the broomstick.. hm now how long will it take for me to get
>> there.................

> Wrong season, O. I only make it in autumn and winter!

*grumble*

Giusi wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?

>> One of mine is like yours, but has grated potatoes, sauerkraut,
>> browned

> pork all layered and then beer poured over and simmered. The smell is
> heavenly.

Ooooooh, I never thought to pour beer over that. I'll bet that's good.
Okay, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

kili

"cybercat" <[email protected]> dropped this turd news:f51pjl$cld$1
@aioe.org: in rec.food.cooking

> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
>:)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Anything with kraut. Steven hates kraut and he hates corned beef.

Michael

--
Due to recent cutbacks - The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned
off.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 16, 3:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?

> Sure do, but some people are catching on. Mine is almost yours:
> Hillshire Farms Kielbasa sliced thin in cabbage, with a cup or more of
> vinegar, and well cooked. There's something about the vinegar....
>
> Daniel B. Wheeler

Seriously?

cybercat wrote:
> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>
> :)
>
> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>
> Do you have one?

Pork & sauerkraut is one of my favorites. It was a standard when I was a
kid. My only requirement is that the pork & sauerkraut be cooked together.

"cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Jun 16, 3:54 pm, "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>>
>>> Do you have one?

>> Sure do, but some people are catching on. Mine is almost yours:
>> Hillshire Farms Kielbasa sliced thin in cabbage, with a cup or more of
>> vinegar, and well cooked. There's something about the vinegar....
>>

> Oh, yeahhhhh! It's not only tasty with the meat, it almost seems to have a
> tonic effect on the system. Or something. It is one of those things I eat
> that I can just *tell* is good for me. It's hard to explain, but I know
> what you mean.

Treat yourself, find a Polish butcher and buy real smoked kielbasa, not the
Hillshire Farms variety. You'll never go back. Made this at a soup kitchen
once, the hoard loved it (we used 'non-alcoholic beer there, but I use the
real magilla when I do it at home).

2 lbs. smoked kielbasa, sliced into thin rounds
2 - 2 lb. packages of barrel saurkraut, drained
1 - 16 oz. package of egg noodles, cooked
1 - 12-16 oz. bottle of beer, your choice, although we prefer a dark ale
flour for thickening.

Cook noodles according to directions. In roasting pan, mix noodles, kraut
and kielbasa together. Pour 3/4 of the beer over mixture. In remaining
beer, mix enough flour to make a decent thickening agent (you cooks know
what I mean, not too runny or not thick paste) with no lumps. Pour this
mixture over meat/pasta/kraut. With slotted spoon, mix all together. Pop
in 375 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Serve with rye bread and butter, chased with a nice dark ale.
-ginny

"CraigL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "cybercat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> These are the dishes you make that nobody likes but you.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I don't make it often, but mine is pork and sauerkraut.
>>
>> Do you have one?
>>

> For me its tomato and chilli mussels, I love mussels but the rest of the
> family start to dry retch at the mention of them.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Craig L
>
> Conquer thyself, till thou has done this, thou art but a slave; for it is
> almost as well to be subjected to another's appetite as to thine own.
> Sir Richard Francis Burton

Favorite that none in the house can stand? Liver and onions, or maybe just
fried chicken livers.
-ginny