Pix Portugese Custard Tarts

Bronwyn

Guest
I have been wanting to make Jamie Oliver's Portugese Custard Tarts for
a while and finally made some for a dinner party last week.
They were a great success. The egg custard is flavoured with honey,
vanilla bean and orange zest.
A sugar caramel is swirled on after they have cooled.
Pix can be seen in Recipe Pix Album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier?vhost=community

Enjoy!
Cheers
Bronnie
Qld, Australia

"Bronwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have been wanting to make Jamie Oliver's Portugese Custard Tarts for
> a while and finally made some for a dinner party last week.
> They were a great success. The egg custard is flavoured with honey,
> vanilla bean and orange zest.
> A sugar caramel is swirled on after they have cooled.
> Pix can be seen in Recipe Pix Album at:
> http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier?vhost=community

Gorgeous, and they look completely delicious!

On Jun 29, 12:35 am, flitterbit <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bronwyn wrote:
> > I have been wanting to make Jamie Oliver's Portugese Custard Tarts for
> > a while and finally made some for a dinner party last week.
> > They were a great success. The egg custard is flavoured with honey,
> > vanilla bean and orange zest.
> > A sugar caramel is swirled on after they have cooled.
> > Pix can be seen in Recipe Pix Album at:
> >http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier?vhost=community

> > Enjoy!
> > Cheers
> > Bronnie
> > Qld, Australia

> Those look lovely; I'd imagine your guests thoroughly enjoyed them! I'm
> able to purchase this kind of **** at my local grocery store, but am now
> tempted to try making them from scratch : )

Thanks! I made the **** shells the day before. I think Jamie's method
for the custard was a bit too tricky for those people who do not make
egg custards that often. I found the mixture started to curdle and
wished I had used my more traditional method. Other than that, the
unusual pairings of flavour worked very well.
--
Bron

Bronwyn wrote:

> I have been wanting to make Jamie Oliver's Portugese Custard Tarts for
> a while and finally made some for a dinner party last week.
> They were a great success. The egg custard is flavoured with honey,
> vanilla bean and orange zest.
> A sugar caramel is swirled on after they have cooled.
> Pix can be seen in Recipe Pix Album at:
> http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier?vhost=community
>
> Enjoy!
> Cheers
> Bronnie
> Qld, Australia

Yum!

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

On Jun 28, 8:06 am, Bronwyn <[email protected]> wrote:

> They were a great success. The egg custard is flavoured with honey,
> vanilla bean and orange zest.
> A sugar caramel is swirled on after they have cooled.
> Pix can be seen in Recipe Pix Album

Tia Fernanda in Portugal made those for me once, many years ago.
Yours look wonderful. I may look up the recipe myself when I get back
home.

gloria p