(2007-07-27) Survey on the RFC site: How far would you be preparedto travel...

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:

> ... to attend a cook-in...

Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

There are other food get-togethers in other groups, especially
the local food groups (though maybe not strictly a "cook-in").
Somehow I always get elected to arrang the local food
get-togethers, but their hosted at restaurants that can tolerate
us.

And there are a couple a year in AFB/ABF. Which I didn't make
this year due to transportation/time constraints, but really
wanted to. That would have been 900+ miles.

-sw

Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> ... to attend a cook-in...
>>

> Depends on who's going to be there and what
> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
gathering up just for you...

The Ranger

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:28:21 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>> ... to attend a cook-in...
>>>

>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
> gathering up just for you...

I'll take that as a threat. It's a date: See you the first week
of September. You'll know me when you see me.

-sw

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:

> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
any volunteers to fill in for him?

-sw

Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:28:21 -0700, The Ranger wrote:
>> Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
>>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
>>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
>>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

>> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd
>> set a special gathering up just for you...
>>

> I'll take that as a threat. [snip remaining bleating]

LOL.

If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
someone put your head on a pig pole...)

The Ranger
--
I called you arrogant, but should have used a much longer list of
pejoratives.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:55:50 -0500, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> magnanimously proffered:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

>Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
>any volunteers to fill in for him?
>
>-sw

You could ask Dr. Richard Tubb, the Air Force colonel who performed
GWB's colonoscopy. After what he's seen, I'm sure he could recommend a
suitable replacement ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

The Ranger wrote:
> Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>> ... to attend a cook-in...
>>>

>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
> gathering up just for you...
>
> The Ranger

Oh my! I'm flattered! Would you pay for my airline ticket?! <G> I'll pay
for the food I'd cook!

Jill

On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > ... to attend a cook-in...

> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

<snip>

who is Paul????

sf wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>> ... to attend a cook-in...

>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>>

> <snip>
>
> who is Paul????

Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL

jmcquown wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> who is Paul????

> Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL

There is a poster by the name of Paul M. Cook or something like that.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:31:45 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
> be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
> someone put your head on a pig pole...)

Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
that onto everyone else.

Since I've hosted some of the ba.food'ers here when they visit
Austin, I don't have any shortage of invitations when I arrive.
Your's has been the least genuine, of course.

-sw

Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
> that onto everyone else.

Further proof the cocktails aren't work again Steve; have your
"therapist" adjust'em. Be sure to mention the bout of paranoia...

The "I am out to get you" Ranger

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:52:14 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
>> that onto everyone else.

> Further proof the cocktails aren't work again Steve; have your
> "therapist" adjust'em. Be sure to mention the bout of paranoia...
>
> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

Ahh, the 'ol,l "I called him on something and embarrassed myself
miserably so I'll just call him a drunken lunatic instead"
cover-up. Come up with something we haven't heard before.

And you really need to practice on that misdirection technique of
yours.

-sw

Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[snip]
>> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

> [..] you really need to practice on that misdirection
> technique of yours.

Look over your shoulder.

No. Not that one. The other one.

No. Not that one. The other one.

No...

The "I'm already there" Ranger

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:07:41 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [snip]
>>> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

>> [..] you really need to practice on that misdirection
>> technique of yours.

> Look over your shoulder.
>
> No. Not that one. The other one.
>
> No. Not that one. The other one.
>
> No...
>
> The "I'm already there" Ranger

<yawn> The 'ol "When all else fails, stop many any sense or at
all and maybe everybody will think I'm somehow intellectually
superior" ploy.

Boring. Let me know when you're done.

-sw

On Jul 27, 10:55 pm, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
> > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
> any volunteers to fill in for him?
>
> -sw

I thought that's what you were doing....
;-)
maxine in ri

In article <[email protected]>,
Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> > ... to attend a cook-in...

> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>
> There are other food get-togethers in other groups, especially
> the local food groups (though maybe not strictly a "cook-in").
> Somehow I always get elected to arrang the local food
> get-togethers, but their hosted at restaurants that can tolerate
> us.

That's because you know the Austin food scene the best...

and you are always willing. ;-)

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.