or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Cycling Equipment › Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?
post #2 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
<Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?


Dear Frank,

Go here:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/

Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
for access.

Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
service center number is 1-888-466-2842.

Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
that's another matter.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #3 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

In article <brroh21ogj19ov9po6646e1v2cp4b7v6oh@4ax.com>,
carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
> >USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
> >product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?


> Go here:
>
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>
> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
> for access.
>
> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>
> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
> that's another matter.


Fantastic! Why doesn't Mavic provide these info on their main web site
is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks!
--
post #4 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

Artoi <artoi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
>> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>>
>> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
>> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
>> that's another matter.

>
> Fantastic! Why doesn't Mavic provide these info on their main web site
> is beyond me.


Many companies seem to follow customer service maxims like this:

http://despair.com/ap24x30prin.html

Then they wonder why noone wants to buy their products.

--
Dane Buson - sigdane@unixbigots.org
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
post #5 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:36:11 -0700, Dane Buson <dane@unseen.edu>
wrote:

>Artoi <artoi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>>
>>> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
>>> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>>>
>>> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
>>> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
>>> that's another matter.

>>
>> Fantastic! Why doesn't Mavic provide these info on their main web site
>> is beyond me.

>
>Many companies seem to follow customer service maxims like this:
>
>http://despair.com/ap24x30prin.html
>
>Then they wonder why noone wants to buy their products.


Dear Dane,

I've always enjoyed that site. Here's the page with the thumbnails of
all the posters at Despair:

http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Many of them apply to--

Er, never mind.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

<carlfogel@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:brroh21ogj19ov9po6646e1v2cp4b7v6oh@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>>USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>>product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?

>
> Dear Frank,
>
> Go here:
>
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>
> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
> for access.
>
> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>
> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
> that's another matter.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel


Thanks so much. I can't believe that they hide this stuff. When you look
up the distributor for their products in the USA the list the site in Mass
but with no email or telephone number.
post #7 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>> USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>> product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?

>
> Dear Frank,
>
> Go here:
>
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>
> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
> for access.
>
> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>
> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
> that's another matter.


Now you've done it. I just tried to go there and got the following message:

"The server at www.tech-mavic.com is taking too long to respond."

I think the squirrels read your post, infiltrated Mavic, and took the
site down. It's surprising that they didn't do so the first few times
you posted this URL.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)
post #8 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:26:30 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:

>carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
>> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>>> USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>>> product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?

>>
>> Dear Frank,
>>
>> Go here:
>>
>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>>
>> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
>> for access.
>>
>> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
>> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>>
>> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
>> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
>> that's another matter.

>
>Now you've done it. I just tried to go there and got the following message:
>
>"The server at www.tech-mavic.com is taking too long to respond."
>
>I think the squirrels read your post, infiltrated Mavic, and took the
>site down. It's surprising that they didn't do so the first few times
>you posted this URL.


Dear Dave,

Oh, but they did!

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...93e87562a43140
or http://tinyurl.com/menc8

Going down erratically is just the obvious and expected feature of
that awkward site, probably intended to keep you from noticing its
other deficiencies.

It's back up again now.

The squirrels take more direct action:

http://www.nbc11.com/news/9946298/de...s=bay&psp=news

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #9 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:26:30 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:
>
>> carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
>>> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>>>> USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>>>> product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?
>>> Dear Frank,
>>>
>>> Go here:
>>>
>>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>>>
>>> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
>>> for access.
>>>
>>> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
>>> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>>>
>>> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
>>> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
>>> that's another matter.

>> Now you've done it. I just tried to go there and got the following message:
>>
>> "The server at www.tech-mavic.com is taking too long to respond."
>>
>> I think the squirrels read your post, infiltrated Mavic, and took the
>> site down. It's surprising that they didn't do so the first few times
>> you posted this URL.


> Going down erratically is just the obvious and expected feature of
> that awkward site, probably intended to keep you from noticing its
> other deficiencies.
>
> It's back up again now.


The squirrels must be watching me. I was away from my computer for a few
hours, and when I came back, the site was down again. Good show!

I'm looking for tech docs on the 501 hub. I have the exploded diagram
from yellowjersey.org, but I'm greedy and I want more more more. Anyone?

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)
post #10 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:31:59 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:

>carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:26:30 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:04 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
>>>> <Frankdrack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I have been trying to find technical support contact information for Mavic
>>>>> USA without any luck. Their website doesn't have contact information or
>>>>> product manuals. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number?
>>>> Dear Frank,
>>>>
>>>> Go here:
>>>>
>>>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/
>>>>
>>>> Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and enter the password "dealer"
>>>> for access.
>>>>
>>>> Then you can view a service-center pdf that claims that Mavic USA's
>>>> service center number is 1-888-466-2842.
>>>>
>>>> Under "products," there are also pdf's that resemble service manuals
>>>> for rims, wheels, and such-like. How close the resemblance is--well,
>>>> that's another matter.
>>> Now you've done it. I just tried to go there and got the following message:
>>>
>>> "The server at www.tech-mavic.com is taking too long to respond."
>>>
>>> I think the squirrels read your post, infiltrated Mavic, and took the
>>> site down. It's surprising that they didn't do so the first few times
>>> you posted this URL.

>
>> Going down erratically is just the obvious and expected feature of
>> that awkward site, probably intended to keep you from noticing its
>> other deficiencies.
>>
>> It's back up again now.

>
>The squirrels must be watching me. I was away from my computer for a few
>hours, and when I came back, the site was down again. Good show!
>
>I'm looking for tech docs on the 501 hub. I have the exploded diagram
>from yellowjersey.org, but I'm greedy and I want more more more. Anyone?


Dear Dave,

I just went to www.tech-mavic.com and picked English.

Then I logged in as "mavic-com" and used the password "dealer" in
order to enjoy unauthorized access to Mavic's closely-guarded secrets.

I clicked on "road and triathlon" and then on "systems and
accessories."

Near the bottom is the 501 hub pdf download:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic...Moyeux/501.pdf

Good lord! Look at that! Who would have thought--

Er, never mind. It probably doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
Please hand your walnuts over to the nearest squirrel and move along.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #11 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:31:59 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:
>> I'm looking for tech docs on the 501 hub. I have the exploded diagram
>>from yellowjersey.org, but I'm greedy and I want more more more. Anyone?


> Dear Dave,
>
> I just went to www.tech-mavic.com and picked English.


You lucky dog. It still doesn't work for me.

> Then I logged in as "mavic-com" and used the password "dealer" in
> order to enjoy unauthorized access to Mavic's closely-guarded secrets.
>
> I clicked on "road and triathlon" and then on "systems and
> accessories."
>
> Near the bottom is the 501 hub pdf download:
>
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic...Moyeux/501.pdf


Thanks for the link. See above; I still can't get it!

> Good lord! Look at that! Who would have thought--
>
> Er, never mind. It probably doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
> Please hand your walnuts over to the nearest squirrel and move along.


Hmmmm.... Being unable to see the PDF, I'm in the dark.

Thanks again for digging that link up. I'll keep trying to catch the
site while it's up for a few milliseconds...

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)
post #12 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:06:47 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:

>carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:31:59 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:
>>> I'm looking for tech docs on the 501 hub. I have the exploded diagram
>>>from yellowjersey.org, but I'm greedy and I want more more more. Anyone?

>
>> Dear Dave,
>>
>> I just went to www.tech-mavic.com and picked English.

>
>You lucky dog. It still doesn't work for me.
>
>> Then I logged in as "mavic-com" and used the password "dealer" in
>> order to enjoy unauthorized access to Mavic's closely-guarded secrets.
>>
>> I clicked on "road and triathlon" and then on "systems and
>> accessories."
>>
>> Near the bottom is the 501 hub pdf download:
>>
>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic...Moyeux/501.pdf

>
>Thanks for the link. See above; I still can't get it!
>
>> Good lord! Look at that! Who would have thought--
>>
>> Er, never mind. It probably doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
>> Please hand your walnuts over to the nearest squirrel and move along.

>
>Hmmmm.... Being unable to see the PDF, I'm in the dark.
>
>Thanks again for digging that link up. I'll keep trying to catch the
>site while it's up for a few milliseconds...


Dear Dave,

Hmmm . . . it's up and working for me.

Gosh, I can't believe what Mavic says about the 501 hub! If everyone
knew what that PDF reveals, there'd be utter chao--

Never mind.

I'd like to claim that I'm just teasing you about getting into the
site, but it really has been up and running every time that I've tried
it.

I'll try again . . .

http://www.tech-mavic.com/

Yes, it comes up right away. Weirdly, it changes to:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/

But either address should give you the yellow screen with the
Fran├žais/English choice. Click on English, login as "mavic-com" and
enter the password "dealer".

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
post #13 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>>Good lord! Look at that! Who would have thought--
>>>
>>>Er, never mind. It probably doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
>>>Please hand your walnuts over to the nearest squirrel and move along.


> Gosh, I can't believe what Mavic says about the 501 hub! If everyone
> knew what that PDF reveals, there'd be utter chao--
>
> Never mind.


I got through! Yee haw!

Now, as for the alleged contraband, I presume you are talking about this:

"Features: Hardened, polished anodized alloy body."

[narrator walks downstairs to look at his 501 hub]

That's a pretty shiny anodized finish. I don't recall anyone complaining
about anodized hubs, though.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
post #14 of 14

Re: Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:03:29 -0400, dvt <dvt+usenet@psu.edu> wrote:

>carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
>>>>Good lord! Look at that! Who would have thought--
>>>>
>>>>Er, never mind. It probably doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
>>>>Please hand your walnuts over to the nearest squirrel and move along.

>
>> Gosh, I can't believe what Mavic says about the 501 hub! If everyone
>> knew what that PDF reveals, there'd be utter chao--
>>
>> Never mind.

>
>I got through! Yee haw!
>
>Now, as for the alleged contraband, I presume you are talking about this:
>
>"Features: Hardened, polished anodized alloy body."
>
>[narrator walks downstairs to look at his 501 hub]
>
>That's a pretty shiny anodized finish. I don't recall anyone complaining
>about anodized hubs, though.


Dear Dave,

Glad you reached the promised land.

But actually I didn't bother to read the PDF--I was just whipping up
marketing frenzy and didn't know about the anodizing.

I've got a man on my staff to listen to disgusting bilge like that.

Cheers,

Colonel Ferredge, MD, USAAF, 256th Squadron, Pianosa, Italy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Cycling Equipment › Contact Info for Mavic Tech Support