(2007-08-17) New survey on the RFC site: Pizza, anyone?

"ChattyCathy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

It all depends on the toppings!, Fresh home made pizza dough, tomatoes, a
small amount of cheese, and either pre cooked pepperoni (to drain off the
fat) or a lean meat, with herbs (oregano usually) and spices (lots of fresh
chilli and dried chilli) is not IMO junk or unhealthy. My 5 yr old loves
home made cheese and tomato pizza, which is preferable to the pre cooked
junk available that appeals to him and his friends.

Sarah

ChattyCathy wrote on Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:27:35 +0200:

C> Vote now! (or not)

My choice for pizza dough was not listed. I buy the lowest fat
varieties.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

James Silverton wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote on Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:27:35 +0200:
>
> C> Vote now! (or not)
>
> My choice for pizza dough was not listed. I buy the lowest fat
> varieties.

Ahem. Since when is "buying" pizza dough the same as "making it from
scratch"?

<Cathy thinks about this>

OK. I get it, somebody else made it from scratch.

LOL!

--

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Pizza, when made properly, is one of the most nutritious
> combo-foods available.

You're preaching to the choir here (a.k.a my DH)

> My pizza from last week:
> http://i15.tinypic.com/4kwryp0.jpg

<quoting my DH>

Now *that* is a pizza!

--

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:27:35 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> Pizza, when made properly, is one of the most nutritious
> combo-foods available.
>
> My pizza from last week:
> http://i15.tinypic.com/4kwryp0.jpg
>
> -sw

It's also a well-balance meal, all 4 food groups are represented:
meat group: pepperoni
dairy: cheese
vegetable: tomato sauce
bread: dough

Badly made Pizza is as bad as any other badly made food !

My experience of Pizza in the UK was basically the Chain outlets and we
found them perfectly edible and used them often. Since coming to
France, the quality of what we get here, in restaurants or just in pizza
waggons in laybyes far surpasses what we found/can find in the UK. Those
Pizzas I have had in Italy have been of the same quality as here in
France but I haven't had that many.

I guess it is only till you get the chance access something "better"
that you realise that you have been missing out. Personally I won't
eat pizza in a chain restaurant again unless someone I know and trust
tells me it is worth it.

Steve

PS Please don't start me on my hatred of pre-prepared pizzas, deep
frozen or otherwise

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:02:31 GMT, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:27:35 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

>Pizza, when made properly, is one of the most nutritious
>combo-foods available.
>
>My pizza from last week:
>http://i15.tinypic.com/4kwryp0.jpg

I know Andy is probably salivating over it, but that pizza is not for
me... way, way too much cheese and I want just a little meat, if any.

--
See return address to reply by email

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:42:36 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:02:31 GMT, Steve Wertz
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:27:35 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

>>Pizza, when made properly, is one of the most nutritious
>>combo-foods available.
>>
>>My pizza from last week:
>>http://i15.tinypic.com/4kwryp0.jpg
>>

>I know Andy is probably salivating over it, but that pizza is not for
>me... way, way too much cheese and I want just a little meat, if any.

Same here.

I like the Neopolitan style pizzas. I got hooked on them when I had
them at Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. They were the best I had ever
had!!

And when I do make pizza at home, I do make that style. I got the
book American Pie, by Peter Reinhardt, and making the pizzas from his
directions gives me pizzas almost as good as those I ate there in
Phoenix.

Mmmmmmmmmm...pizza.....

Christine who is procrastinating about cleaning...

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:42:36 -0700, sf wrote:

> I know Andy is probably salivating over it, but that pizza is not for
> me... way, way too much cheese and I want just a little meat, if any.

The pizza dough was "mounded" in the center, so I put everything
in the center and let it melt over the sides. It looks more than
it really is, plus the dough is pretty thick - so it evens out.

Sausage, pepperoni, onions, Hatch chilis, and mushrooms.

-sw

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:42:36 -0700, sf wrote:

> I know Andy is probably salivating over it, but that pizza is not for
> me... way, way too much cheese and I want just a little meat, if any.

BTW: The Pre-cooked Shot:

http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=677ca5u

OK, so there is a lot of cheese. But I needed all that to glue
on all the other toppings :)

-sw

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:03:23 -0400, Dee Dee wrote:

> How much do you weigh, Steve?

98lbs. 104 after a big meal (I drink huge amount of water with
meals). Sheesh, you think I'm fat after one picture of a
pizza?!?

What if I posted last night's dinner (for two):
http://i12.tinypic.com/61p0pwo.jpg\

How much do you weigh? And how old are you while I'm at it?

-sw

On Aug 17, 3:54?pm, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:42:36 -0700, sf wrote:
> > I know Andy is probably salivating over it, but that pizza is not for
> > me... way, way too much cheese and I want just a little meat, if any.

> The pizza dough was "mounded" in the center, so I put everything
> in the center and let it melt over the sides. It looks more than
> it really is, plus the dough is pretty thick - so it evens out.
>
> Sausage, pepperoni, onions, Hatch chilis, and mushrooms.
>
> -sw

Looks like fine pizza. But pizza dough doesn't rise under the
toppings, certainly not under such generous toppings, but rises at the
edges, how is it your pizza dough operates backwards? Perhaps the
dough was configured rather thickly to the center before the toppings
were placed.

Sheldon

Personally I won't
> eat pizza in a chain restaurant again unless someone I know and trust
> tells me it is worth it.
>
> Steve

DH's father loves pizza from a Greek pizza restaurant; I'm just the
opposite, I won't eat pizza in a Greek pizza parlor/restaurant.
They all seem to taste as if they've had a dollops of tomato paste thrown
on the top.
Dee Dee