OT. Yay it's summer at last!

Sarah

Guest
Here in Barnsley UK it's summer at last. We were all in jumpers (Sweats) and
long trousers until yesterday afternoon, then it turned cold for the
evening, but then blighmy, it's been red hot all day! well hot for here (21
c at 18:30). I've painted 3 internal doors out in the garden, my DS has been
throwing his boomerang (bought in Majorca in June) to his little hearts
content, and DH has been sanding and refitting pre mentioned internal doors.
Plus lots of white wine and lemonade consumed to keep me hydrated! (Yes I
know it doesn't really!)
Supper was an easy cook in the oven cod in breadcrumbs, with frozen garden
peas, Chinese frozen curry sauce and home made bread. (It sounds awful but
tastes divine, and is so easy to cook when you have band-aids all over your
fingers where the paint brush has worn the skin off!)
I have another week off work and hopefully the weather will hold until Kiddo
goes back to school. ( 6th sept)

Sarah

"Sarah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here in Barnsley UK it's summer at last. We were all in jumpers (Sweats)
> and long trousers until yesterday afternoon, then it turned cold for the
> evening, but then blighmy, it's been red hot all day! well hot for here
> (21 c at 18:30). I've painted 3 internal doors out in the garden, my DS
> has been throwing his boomerang (bought in Majorca in June) to his little
> hearts content, and DH has been sanding and refitting pre mentioned
> internal doors.
> Plus lots of white wine and lemonade consumed to keep me hydrated! (Yes I
> know it doesn't really!)
> Supper was an easy cook in the oven cod in breadcrumbs, with frozen garden
> peas, Chinese frozen curry sauce and home made bread. (It sounds awful but
> tastes divine, and is so easy to cook when you have band-aids all over
> your fingers where the paint brush has worn the skin off!)
> I have another week off work and hopefully the weather will hold until
> Kiddo goes back to school. ( 6th sept)

Hi Sarah in Barnsley:))

I am near Glasgow and yesterday afternoon when I left work it was 28c !!!

We were in Pickering for the last two weeks and we had fine weather:))

"Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Kiddo goes back to school. ( 6th sept)

> Hi Sarah in Barnsley:))
>
> I am near Glasgow and yesterday afternoon when I left work it was 28c !!!
>
> We were in Pickering for the last two weeks and we had fine weather:))

Hi Ophelia,
I was getting in the mood for Hotpots and casseroles when lo and behold back
came summer! I'd almost packed away the Barbeque!
It's given me a new lease of life! I've been about to decorate for two weeks
but couldn't get on with it.
I'd heard about the nice weather 'down south' in Wales and Cornwall, but you
begin to give up on it 'up north'!
Glad to hear Scotland is enjoying the sunshine too!

Sarah

Sarah wrote:
> Here in Barnsley UK it's summer at last. We were all in jumpers (Sweats)
> and long trousers until yesterday afternoon, then it turned cold for the
> evening, but then blighmy, it's been red hot all day! well hot for here
> (21 c at 18:30).

Since early June our temperature has been hovering around 35-38 deg. C.
with nighttime temperatures around 20. It's been a very hot summer and
I'm ready for it to end.

gloria p
on the plains of central Colorado

Puester wrote on Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:13:07 GMT:

P> Sarah wrote:
??>> Here in Barnsley UK it's summer at last. We were all in
??>> jumpers (Sweats) and long trousers until yesterday
??>> afternoon, then it turned cold for the evening, but then
??>> blighmy, it's been red hot all day! well hot for here (21
??>> c at 18:30).

P> Since early June our temperature has been hovering around
P> 35-38 deg. C. with nighttime temperatures around 20. It's
P> been a very hot summer and I'm ready for it to end.

We've had a hot dry summer here, a real drought in fact, but
this week we have had heavy rain and the daytime temperature has
dropped from 95F to 72F with night temperatures in the low 60s.
I am told it won't last and we will be back to the tropics soon!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:26:25 GMT, "James Silverton"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>we have had heavy rain and the daytime temperature has
>dropped from 95F to 72F with night temperatures in the low 60s.

Are we gearing up for a pissing contest to see how hot and dry it was
today?

"Sarah" <[email protected]> dropped this
news:[email protected]: in
rec.food.cooking

> Here in Barnsley UK it's summer at last.

Sarah, congratulations on it being Summer. I certainly hope your Summer is
milder than the misery we've experienced in St. Louis her in the USA.
Enjoy yourself and post some of your warm weather recipes ;)

Michael

--
Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their
food, and tyrannize their teachers.

to email: dog3 at charter dot net

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 22:41:15 GMT, "Michael \"DawgThree\""
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Enjoy yourself and post some of your warm weather recipes ;)

She is in the UK....summer will be over by next Thursday....and we
will be back to boiled tripe.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:36:19 -0400, Ward Abbott <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:26:25 GMT, "James Silverton"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>we have had heavy rain and the daytime temperature has
>>dropped from 95F to 72F with night temperatures in the low 60s.

>Are we gearing up for a pissing contest to see how hot and dry it was
>today?

why yes, yes we are. open your mouth.

your pal,
blake