Reverse steering

Deep Freud Moor

Guest
OK, so I put together a bike today that has reverse steering. You know, the type you see at
festivals occasionally. Left goes right, right goes left, rider falls off...

Anyhow, it's goes well, but I don't know the trick to riding it, and just keep falling off, like
everyone else does. Does anyway have any clues as to how to actually ride one of these things? Is
there some jedi mind trick to it?
---
DFM

Mono it Ride no-hands ;-)

Deep Freud Moors wrote:

> Anyhow, it's goes well, but I don't know the trick to riding it, and just keep falling off, like
> everyone else does.

Learn the same way you did a regular bike. (or walking) practise, practice, practice, ... until
its natural.

Of course, then you'll fall off a regular bike.

In article <[email protected]>, Mike wrote:
> Deep Freud Moors wrote:
>>
>> Anyhow, it's goes well, but I don't know the trick to riding it, and just keep falling off, like
>> everyone else does.
>
> Learn the same way you did a regular bike. (or walking) practise, practice, practice, ... until
> its natural.
>
> Of course, then you'll fall off a regular bike.

ROFLMAO :)

--
| Joel Mayes | Come and see me play! Accordionist | 2traverse Musician | Sept 25 - Oct 12 @ the
| Store Room Music Teacher | cos` co tworzy jakby mapy na mojej sko`rze

I talked to a guy who says he can ride one of these. My initial thought was to cross your arms. He
said he found it easiest and could ride the bike by looking at the front wheel all the time.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:44:58 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>I talked to a guy who says he can ride one of these. My initial thought was to cross your arms. He
>said he found it easiest and could ride the bike by looking at the front wheel all the time.

That was what I figured. Watch the wheel, and guide it that way. I will give it another go today.

Once I get used to it, the pedalling gets reversed and the elliptical wheels go onto it. If I can
still manage to ride that, it will be converted to a fixie. Then I leave it sitting outside of a pub
late at night so someone can try to steal it!

*grins in an evil manner*
---
DFM

"Deep Freud Moors" <deepfreudmoors@eITmISaACTUALLYiREAL!l.nu> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:44:58 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >I talked to a guy who says he can ride one of these. My initial thought was to cross your arms.
> >He said he found it easiest and could ride the bike by looking at the front wheel all the time.
>
> That was what I figured. Watch the wheel, and guide it that way. I will give it another go today.
>
> Once I get used to it, the pedalling gets reversed and the elliptical wheels go onto it. If I can
> still manage to ride that, it will be converted to a fixie. Then I leave it sitting outside of a
> pub late at night so someone can try to steal it!
>
> *grins in an evil manner*

Hey, it would be a good anti-theft device if you could add a shim or something to a normal bike that
would make it turn back to front ;-)

Kinda like a cut-off switch in a car!

Tim