Tommy Simpson on TV

Just zis Guy

Guest
From RBM:

Tomorrow night, (Thursday 11th), at 7pm on BBC One, the programme 'Simply the Best' contains a
section about the 60's British cycling star Tommy Simpson, (Tommy was the BBC's Sports Personality
of the Year in 1965). Some of the footage hasn't been seen since the 1960's. Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Just seen it and the voting numbers are these for Tommy Simpson

0901 198 1102

or Sms. 81111 costs 10p

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

> From RBM:
>
> Tomorrow night, (Thursday 11th), at 7pm on BBC One, the programme 'Simply the Best' contains a
> section about the 60's British cycling star Tommy Simpson, (Tommy was the BBC's Sports Personality
> of the Year in 1965). Some of the footage hasn't been seen since the 1960's.
B****r! Just missed it!

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:57:05 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>From RBM:
>
>Tomorrow night, (Thursday 11th), at 7pm on BBC One, the programme 'Simply the Best' contains a
>section about the 60's British cycling star Tommy Simpson, (Tommy was the BBC's Sports Personality
>of the Year in 1965). Some of the footage hasn't been seen since the 1960's. Guy
>===
>** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Thanks for the heads up, Guy. Good to see the footage of Tom, but didn't the BBC SPotY at that time
seem to be head and shoulders above today? Bobby Moore, Henry Cooper, Mary Peters, Jackie Stewart...
...or is it just my age???

Regards! Stephen

Steve McGinty wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up, Guy. Good to see the footage of Tom, but didn't the BBC SPotY at that
> time seem to be head and shoulders above today? Bobby Moore, Henry Cooper, Mary Peters, Jackie
> Stewart... ...or is it just my age???

And they had decent music in those days, not like this modern rubbish blah blah blah blah

Major Walter Wallcarpetting Little Wapping

"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for the heads up, Guy. Good to see the footage of Tom, but didn't the BBC SPotY at that
> time seem to be head and shoulders above today? Bobby Moore, Henry Cooper, Mary Peters, Jackie
> Stewart... ...or is it just my age???

If it's your age then you must be old because I'm 50 and think Paula Radcliffe, Ellen MacArthur,
Nicole Cooke and the whole England rugby team, to name a few, are fine sportspersons.

Pete