or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Your Bloody Soap Box › Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb - Page 8

post #106 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickman
Bill, it's quite simple - provide us with the date the USA declared war on Iraq.
Limerick...the "subtle difference" between you and a mushroom.....is......ok...... I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Admit....you were wrong.

Save what little face you have.
post #107 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
You threaten to blow him to pieces....




...............................................................................................but they still managed to get the bomb, Bill.
post #108 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickman
I don't believe that sanctions will increase the pressure on the people of NK.

Effectively the people of NK have been very badly treated by the NK goverment for decades.
The people of NK have little or nothing.
Sanctions won't make their lot worse - in real terms.

The problem is - how do you bring a regime, who have no interest in negotiating, to the table?
Sanctions won't affect the NK elite.
And a regime who operates in a back door way.

Difficult times.......There is some economic aid and economic cooperation between NK and SK and China.

The sanctions in economic yerms could affect the leadership when the generals do not get paid.

But as right now, sanctions are all the world has for leverage. NK has said they will go back to the table with the other nations. But they are the ones who backed out before......

The leader of NK is interesting. He likes to portray the US as this giant trying to crush his country, but he is so wrapped up on American pop culture.
post #109 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
And a regime who operates in a back door way.

Difficult times.......There is some economic aid and economic cooperation between NK and SK and China.

The sanctions in economic yerms could affect the leadership when the generals do not get paid.

But as right now, sanctions are all the world has for leverage. NK has said they will go back to the table with the other nations. But they are the ones who backed out before......

The leader of NK is interesting. He likes to portray the US as this giant trying to crush his country, but he is so wrapped up on American pop culture.
The USA isn't a threat to NK.
I agree the NK leadership wish to portray the USA as the devil incarnate but (as far as we know) the USA isn't a threat to NK.

The difficulty is that the NK regime is unstable - and it's acquisition on WMD would pose a threat because it is unstable.

I don't know how you could bring such a regime to the table - by all accounts Kim Yong is totally eccentric and the people around him cannot move against him.
post #110 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickman
...............................................................................................but they still managed to get the bomb, Bill.
The Soviet Union had the bomb too....where are they today? Big Deal.
post #111 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
Steve...your article is dated 2005......hindsight could even make you look intelligent.

Prior to invasion...everyone thought he had WMD capability.
Hans Blix,the UN Chief Weapons Inspector reported in 2003,prior to the invasion that the last disarmament issues were only a couple of months away from being finally resolved.
post #112 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
The Soviet Union had the bomb too....where are they today? Big Deal.
Actually...Russia still has them,thousands of them in fact.
Be nice to them now.
post #113 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaby
Hans Blix,the UN Chief Weapons Inspector reported in 2003,prior to the invasion that the last disarmament issues were only a couple of months away from being finally resolved.
Hans...isn't a member of the US government is he?

He was and is a bumbling fool who botched nearly everything he was involved in.
post #114 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaby
Actually...Russia still has them,thousands of them in fact.
Be nice to them now.
We don't need to...the batteries are dead in the launch module and they aren't smart enough to figure out how to change them.

They count about as much as France these days.
post #115 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

The real problem of a country like NK having the "bomb" is not the fear of them using it. The technology from making a bomb to the technology of delivering the bomb is the biggest step.... NK is light years away from that.



The fear is that a country like NK will sell the technology to someone with a agenda and a pocketful of money. The middle east countries come to mind.
post #116 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
The real problem of a country like NK having the "bomb" is not the fear of them using it. The technology from making a bomb to the technology of delivering the bomb is the biggest step.... NK is light years away from that.



The fear is that a country like NK will sell the technology to someone with a agenda and a pocketful of money. The middle east countries come to mind.
They swore they wouldn't do that.

That's good enough for Europe.

They promised.
post #117 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
Hans...isn't a member of the US government is he?

He was and is a bumbling fool who botched nearly everything he was involved in.
He said there were no WMDs...and there weren't.
Dubya said there were WMDs...but there weren't.
Who botched what?
Be specific now.
post #118 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaby
He said there were no WMDs...and there weren't.
Dubya said there were WMDs...but there weren't.
Who botched what?
Be specific now.
The fact that both of them are idiots does not change anything.
post #119 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
The fact that both of them are idiots does not change anything.
So what has Hans Blix "botched"?
He was right about the WMDs,wasn't he?
post #120 of 143

Re: Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaby
So what has Hans Blix "botched"?
He was right about the WMDs,wasn't he?
Of course Blix was right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Your Bloody Soap Box
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Your Bloody Soap Box › Flash: North Korea To Test 2nd Atom Bomb