Re: Mt. Baldy Run to the Top report

Tony S.

Guest
"D Stumpus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> The sun burned its image onto my back as I walked to the temple of Amen
> Ra -- oh wait the heat must be playing tricks on me again...

> I sprinted the last hundred yards to the finish and my watch said
> 1:31:50 -- several minutes under my target. I still felt strong and my
> legs had plenty left, which was good because you have to make your way
> back down 3 miles to the ski lift under your own power.

Sweet race Dan! You make it sound easy, but I guess that's a testament to
your training and race experience. Your report didn't convey suffering, your
own or others. Hell, I guess if you run 10k vertical per week that's no big
deal. (ski lift? you mean you didn't run down the whole way?)

-Tony

"Tony S." <[email protected]> wrote

> Sweet race Dan! You make it sound easy, but I guess that's a testament to
> your training and race experience. Your report didn't convey suffering,
> your own or others.

Truth be told, I probably sandbagged it a bit. I only ran fast enough to
win my AG based on last year's performances. I want to get in a few more
solid training weeks with speedwork before the fall, and racing too hard
over longer distances will mess that up...

> Hell, I guess if you run 10k vertical per week that's no big deal. (ski
> lift? you mean you didn't run down the whole way?)

I consider hill races to be easier than flat races, for some odd
reason...and no, I didn't run the last 3.5 miles down -- with 2.5 mile
warmup, 7 mile race and 3.5 mile jog to the lift, I figure I got enough of a
workout for the day.