running shoe feed back is appreciated

dwjones45

Guest
i was reading this morning the fall running shoe review in the latest copy
of new england runner. i noticed a review of shoe put out by the newton
running shoe company. to be honest i have not heard of this company in my 40
years. so i decided to check out their web
site (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) to see what they are all about.
now i must admit that i was impressed by what i read. the only 2 drawbacks
at first glance is the price which is quite high and the colors of the shoes
which are god awful. i wonder if anyone in this group is familar with and
has worn this brand of running shoe? if so what is your opinion about them?
do theywear well, are they comfortable and are they worth the price?
thanks in advance for your feedback. dave

On Sep 4, 4:35 pm, "dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote:
> i was reading this morning the fall running shoe review in the latest copy
> of new england runner. i noticed a review of shoe put out by the newton
> running shoe company. to be honest i have not heard of this company in my 40
> years. so i decided to check out their web
> site (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) to see what they are all about.
> now i must admit that i was impressed by what i read. the only 2 drawbacks
> at first glance is the price which is quite high and the colors of the shoes
> which are god awful. i wonder if anyone in this group is familar with and
> has worn this brand of running shoe? if so what is your opinion about them?
> do theywear well, are they comfortable and are they worth the price?
> thanks in advance for your feedback. dave

I never heard of Newton, but that means little in itself.
The shoe in your link looks no better than a cheap Saucony, not that
there's anything wrong with it. I would never purchase a shoe that I
could not inspect and run briefly in before sale. An off brand shoe
would need to be sold at a discount before I would chance it. Any new
shoe you do buy is a **** shoot until you know how it runs for you.
And when you find something that works, stay with it.