or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

replacement rear shock question - Cane Creek AD8

post #1 of 2
ellis said...

> Hi guys -
>
> I have a '96 Jamis Dakar Team (15") that came with a Cane Creek AD-8 rear shock, which has a blown
> seal (must be, air keeps leaking out). AD-8 is no longer in production. What will it involve for
> me to switch out that shock for something newer? I mean, will a new AD-12 fit the frame, or will a
> new Fox Float R, and if so, what size (6.0 x 1.25, 6.5 x 1.5, 7.875 x 2.)? Can I just measure the
> Eye to Eye length and go from there?
>
> I am an old fashioned hardtail rider, so all this rear shock stuff is pretty new to me. Thanks for
> any advice in advance.

Cane Creek has an extensive compatibility list on their web site. Most likely your Jamis is on
there. If not, then there is a worksheet you can fill out describing your shock in minute detail
(eye to eye length, orientation, etc) which will determine if they make something that will work.
post #2 of 2

Re: replacement rear shock question - Cane Creek AD8

"ellis" <fundango2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys -
>
> I have a '96 Jamis Dakar Team (15") that came with a Cane Creek AD-8 rear shock, which has a blown
> seal (must be, air keeps leaking out). AD-8 is
no
> longer in production. What will it involve for me to switch out that
shock
> for something newer? I mean, will a new AD-12 fit the frame, or will a
new
> Fox Float R, and if so, what size (6.0 x 1.25, 6.5 x 1.5, 7.875 x 2.)?
Can
> I just measure the Eye to Eye length and go from there?
>
> I am an old fashioned hardtail rider, so all this rear shock stuff is
pretty
> new to me. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Upgrade your shock to a Fox model, just make sure it's the right size, Jamis has a spec chart on
it's website.

Jamis Comp..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home