or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I hate Harley Davidson! - Page 2

post #16 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

In article <bgv6f1$tcu$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net>, spam@block.com says...
> "Skokatt" <chris@[no-spam]skokatt.com> wrote in message
> > Please don't view this as a flame toward you personally... but as an example of how people think
> > other people's form of transportation should be more like their own. A lot of the posts here
> > talk of how motorist are unaware of the lifestyle of a bicyclist, yet here you are applying the
> > same prejudice toward motorcyclist.
> Excessive noise is a bad thing. There is no reason for a Harley to be as loud as most of them are.

Out of the box they aren't that loud at all, so people are actually paying extra to make them
sound that way.
--
_________________________
post #17 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

In article <oprtj8wzxcw8gzvw@news.east.cox.net>, spamsink@cox.net says...
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:35:28 -0300, Chris Phillipo <cphillipo@ramsays- online.coim> wrote:
> > and what not, they take it outside and the harley guy gets his ass kicked by a guy in pink and
> > blue lycra.
>
> Well, consider this about bicyclists: -- The lycra gives us freedom of movement to fight -- The
> legs are strong from bicycling -- The feet have metal cleats on them.

And the cyclist wasn't out of breath after walking from the counter to the parking lot.
--
_________________________
post #18 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

"Robin Hubert" <cv2572@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> ... or at least, the image.
>
> The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my amusement I'm going to knock
> them off their bikes at the next stop, if I catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every
> morning blasting their over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up
> street-side protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"
>

> assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.
>
> Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

Armstrong" to see what the Harley riders are saying about bicyclists.
post #19 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

8 Aug 2003 11:00:39 -0700,
<4f3a7375.0308081000.6eff536b@posting.google.com>, ddurbin@tfn.net (**** Durbin) wrote:

>"Robin Hubert" <cv2572@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> ... or at least, the image.
>>
>> The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my amusement I'm going to knock
>> them off their bikes at the next stop, if I catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every
>> morning blasting their over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up
>> street-side protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"
>>

>> assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.
>>
>> Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?
>

>Armstrong" to see what the Harley riders are saying about bicyclists.

Mostly just the same stupid **** they spew as when drive their pickemup trux. If they're dumb enough
to ride Harleys, they're as dumb as cagers.
--
zk
post #20 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Rick Onanian <spamsink@cox.net> wrote:

> Chalo <chumpychump@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > option for me. That requirement might have left me as just another jerk with a full-sized pickup
> > truck as personal transportation.
>
> What's wrong with a full-sized pickup as personal transportation?

What's wrong with a 12ga. shotgun for kitchen pest control? What's wrong with a claw hammer for
dental extraction? What's wrong with pepper spray for disciplining your child? What's wrong with
destroying the village in order to save it?

> Mine is a lot more comfortable than any car I've had, and much more useful, to boot.

When I need a truck, I rent a truck.

To drive one around, empty, as personal transportation, is to proclaim that one's self-centeredness
weighs at least 1/2 ton.

Chalo Colina
post #21 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

ddurbin@tfn.net (**** Durbin) wrote in message

> > assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.
> >
> > Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?
>

> Armstrong" to see what the Harley riders are saying about bicyclists.

Can't we all just get along?

So they're loud and obnoxious. Fine. But how *common* are they?

OK, so all the motorcycle cops I see are on Harleys. But I like motorcycle cops. Who didn't, after
seeing Erik Estrada in CHiPs?

-Luigi too many reruns
post #22 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:11:01 -0400, <oprtlw8nb8w8gzvw@news.east.cox.net>, Rick Onanian
<spamsink@cox.net> wrote:

>I find that, with my truck, I can easily pick up bicycles that are in people's garbage, and save
>landfill space
\szip
>I've moved two refrigerators in the past week on personal time for personal purposes.
\szip

la dee da.

I frequently carry home junkers with my bicycle. I've even taken two at once. Fridges? Don't need no
steenkin' truck for that either, hero. http://www.chicagocriticalmass.org/g...pianomove.html
--
zk
post #23 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:35:48 -0500, <bh1fkp$nsd$1@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, dweeboid, "Mark Jones"
<spam@block.com> lamed:

>"Zoot Katz" <zootkatz@operamail.com> wrote in message news:3f662391.19295067@public-news.look.ca...
>> la dee da.
>>
>> I frequently carry home junkers with my bicycle. I've even taken two at once. Fridges? Don't need
>> no steenkin' truck for that either, hero.
>BFD

I regularly carry a more useful loads with my bike than you've ever moved in your plastic chebby.
--
zk
post #24 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:30:59 -0400, <oprtnhpxxmw8gzvw@news.east.cox.net>, Rick Onanian
<spamsink@cox.net> wrote:

>Hell, I'd settle for a Camaro.

Yeah, but then you'd have to wear a mullet or people would think you stole the car.
--
zk
post #25 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Russ Price <sprocketwabbit@fubegra.no-ip.org> wrote:

>**** Durbin <ddurbin@tfn.net> wrote:

>> Armstrong" to see what the Harley riders are saying about bicyclists.
>
>Funny thing is, I've never had Harley riders hassle me on the road. Indeed, the Harley types are
>the most likely to wave or give the thumbs-up sign [1] of all motor vehicle operators I've
>encountered.
>
>Then again, I ride a recumbent, so the "outlaw" factor probably comes into play.

I once pulled up to a light beside the classic Harley, with the oversized dude in leathers and the
biker chick on back. My wife and I were on our hot-cranberry tandem, resplendent in our lycra.

My wife looks over at the hog, and asks the driver "where are the pedals?".

He laughs and asks me "well, where's your ENGINE?".

I point over my shoulder at Carol.

We all laugh.

I haven't ever had any "situation" with a motorcyclist - I think most of them realize they have more
in common with us than with anything on four wheels. I do notice they'll go out of their way to make
sure and beat me away from a stoplight though... ;-)

post #26 of 52

Re: I Love Harley Davidson!

"Jeff" <frostback1963@yahooSANSSPAM.com> wrote:

>HD produces an excellent product. If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and sell it 5 years from now
>for as much as you paid for it (try doing that with your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll
>probably be able to sell it for more than you paid for it.

That has been the case, but I suspect that at some point in the not too distant future the HD will
no longer be the yuppy toy of choice, and the value of a used V-twin will drop like a rock.

THAT will be the time to buy one (if you were ever so inclined). I've owned a lot of other bikes,
and now ride what I've always wanted - a BMW K100RS. Wouldn't trade it for a V-twin anything - at
least not if I couldn't sell the V-twin and buy another BMW K-bike.

post #27 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:36:03 GMT, <j5sajvgq0dn3ip27rk8ql3s7nlf5vvqg77@4ax.com>, Mark Hickey
<mark@habcycles.com> wrote:

>I haven't ever had any "situation" with a motorcyclist - I think most of them realize they have
>more in common with us than with anything on four wheels

That's been my experience as well. I've no animosity toward them having previously owned and
regularly ridden motorcycles.

I'm almost disappointed when the hog-herders don't blat out a fossil fart while passing me. I've
become accustomed to that knowing they're really cagers at heart and for most of the week they're
just the same kind of jerks but on four wheels. Nobody really ever goes anywhere on a Harley except
vacations and club runs. They're toys for poseurs now.

The majority of real motorcyclists who ride daily are usually running small bore non-descript
Japanese iron in the "cruiser" or "cross" configuration or venerable old beemers.

One of 'em pulled alongside me in rush hour last week and said, "Aren't you afraid to be out here?"
"No. Why should I be?" "Well, these assholes don't give a **** for us" (I smiled at his use of the
word "us") "These assholes don't give a **** for each other either", I said. He nodded agreement and
we rode along together sharing the lane for awhile. I didn't ask if he was afraid or if he'd
examined statistics citing motorcyclists greater risk of injury.
--
zk
post #28 of 52

Re: I Love Harley Davidson!

"Jeff" <frostback1963@yahooSANSSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Okay, as an alternative to the thread that's been going on and on and on...
>
> <rant on> HD provides excellent customer service and care.

They better for what they cost and what you get.

> HD produces an excellent product.

Any gearhead knows better. Harleys are the most over rated motorcycles on the road today.
Mechanically, they are as advanced and as reliable as an Edsel. Why people buy them is a mystery to
me. I always buy quality over image. Of course, most Harley riders are all about image, obviously.

> If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and sell it 5 years from now for as much as you paid for it
> (try doing that with your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll probably be able to sell it
> for more than you paid for it.

I checked resale values and depreciation. Yes they are good in percentage of original cost, but that
pecentage usually adds up to just as much and often more in actual dollars as the depreciation of
cheaper (and better) bikes.

>Furthermore, I've found their bikes to be comfortable, highly customizable, and capable of
>surviving the abuse of a new rider who didn't have a clue about what he (me) was doing.
>
> If you don't like the way some HD customers use their bikes, I can agree with that. Most of the HD
> riders I know, and I know many, are very friendly, decent people - the type of folks you'd want to
> have as neighbors. <rant off>

I don't want those noisy heaps in my neighborhood. Who does? I could care less if they are nice
people otherwise. If they break noise laws, especially in residential areas, they are an ignorant
asshole, period. I have nothing against bikes and bikers that are law-abiding and considerate to
those around them.

> Have a great weekend. Personally, I'm looking forward to a couple of hours cycling in Birds Hill
> Park tomorrow, against the wind and up hill all the way.
post #29 of 52

Re: I Love Harley Davidson!

In article <I1YYa.26960$Rz6.40867@news1.mts.net>, frostback1963 @yahooSANSSPAM.com says...
> Okay, as an alternative to the thread that's been going on and on and on...
>
> <rant on> HD provides excellent customer service and care.
>
> HD produces an excellent product. If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and sell it 5 years from now
> for as much as you paid for it (try doing that with your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll
> probably be able to sell it

The other side of that coin is, try to get a deal on a new one.
--
_________________________
post #30 of 52

Re: I hate Harley Davidson!

In article <bh3hen$foa$1@slb0.atl.mindspring.net>, spam@block.com says...
> "Rick Onanian" <spamsink@cox.net> wrote in message newsprtnhpxxmw8gzvw@news.east.cox.net...
> > I wish I had a Corvette.
> >
> > Hell, I'd settle for a Camaro.
> I have had a Camaro and a Trans/Am. The Corvette is so much better that it is had to imagine.

It's shaped like a penis so that there can be no mistake why the onwer purchased it.
--
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: