Can you read a recipe?

Tracy

Guest
The story link is buried in this blog entry from boston.com.

http://tinyurl.com/yun53x

I like Nigella's style myself. I think it has less to do with reading
comprehension than it does with what you personally like to read.

-Tracy

On Sep 11, 7:12?pm, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:
> The story link is buried in this blog entry from boston.com.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yun53x
>
> I like Nigella's style myself. I think it has less to do with reading
> comprehension than it does with what you personally like to read.
>
> -Tracy

Old time recipe books used to be written in a more literary style than
the ones today. It forced the reader to read the entire recipe before
starting so they would know exactly what to expect when making the
recipe and there wouldn't be any surprises. That being said, I do
think you can go overboard with the literary prose. It can come
across as being scatterbrained.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:12:59 -0000, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:

>The story link is buried in this blog entry from boston.com.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yun53x

If people can't follow the example recipes, then we (U.S.) aren't the
only ones who need to worry about the quality of our public school
education. I saw nothing "difficult" about it.

Tracy <[email protected]> wrote in news:1189552379.090012.47060@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

> The story link is buried in this blog entry from boston.com.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yun53x
>

> I like Nigella's style myself. I think it has less to do with reading
> comprehension than it does with what you personally like to read.
>
> -Tracy

It is a shame that the country that is the home of the 'bard', is
slipping away. Nigella's recipes are more than difficult to read...they
produce food that is tasty and make for a nice sensual read in flavours
textures and colour.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Mitch@... wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:12:59 -0000, Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The story link is buried in this blog entry from boston.com.
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/yun53x
> >

> If people can't follow the example recipes, then we (U.S.) aren't the
> only ones who need to worry about the quality of our public school
> education. I saw nothing "difficult" about it.

I have never read any of Nigella's recipes, but if they are written the way
she speaks I could see some people having trouble reading them.

I will admit to having trouble with the House and Garden Children's
cookbook. It's bad enough that they keep telling you to get adult help, but
the recipes are laid out in a different manner than I am used to and it
throws me off.