Saracen road bikes - any good?

Colin MacDonald

Guest
G'Morning.

I notice that Evans are offering a Saracen Aubisque (http://
preview.tinyurl.com/yu4obo) for £500, reduced from £800, which seems
like a good price for the spec. But are Saracen road bikes any good?

Colin

Colin MacDonald wrote:
> G'Morning.
>
> I notice that Evans are offering a Saracen Aubisque (http://
> preview.tinyurl.com/yu4obo) for £500, reduced from £800, which seems
> like a good price for the spec. But are Saracen road bikes any good?

Looking at the specification I'd say it was a pretty reasonable buy at
£800 and a very good opportunity at £500. Just looking at bikes
currently on offer at around that price from LeMond, Scott and
Specialized, for example, the Saracen stands out as a much better spec.

Unfortunately I don't know Saracen bikes myself, so can't give an
opinion beyond the above. It may rather depend on what you want to use
the bike for.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Brian G wrote:
> Colin MacDonald wrote:
>> G'Morning.
>>
>> I notice that Evans are offering a Saracen Aubisque (http://
>> preview.tinyurl.com/yu4obo) for £500, reduced from £800, which seems
>> like a good price for the spec. But are Saracen road bikes any good?

> Looking at the specification I'd say it was a pretty reasonable buy at
> £800 and a very good opportunity at £500. Just looking at bikes
> currently on offer at around that price from LeMond, Scott and
> Specialized, for example, the Saracen stands out as a much better spec.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know Saracen bikes myself, so can't give an
> opinion beyond the above. It may rather depend on what you want to use
> the bike for.

I'm not aware of opinions or experience within the road bike section but
Saracen are not known for lightness in MTB circles. That said its
possible their road products are differently designed and marketed.