Trying pics

On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPh...

> That won't work for anyone without a myspace account, which means
> unnecessary aggravation. Post your pictures on a site that's not stupid,
> likewww.photobucket.com.

What about this:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
starkserious/th_IMG_0782.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
starkserious/th_IMG_0783.jpg

stark <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.edi
>> >tAlbumPh...

>> That won't work for anyone without a myspace account, which
>> means unnecessary aggravation. Post your pictures on a site
>> that's not stupid, likewww.photobucket.com.

> What about this:
>
> http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> starkserious/th_IMG_0782.jpg
> http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> starkserious/th_IMG_0783.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/starkserious/th_IMG_0782.j
pg

On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Hmmmmmm. I seem to have gotten some pics up. Need to improve the URL
listing, but something else is happening. I'm showing messages in the
listing that do not show up. I'm using Google Groups. Any idea why
that's happening?

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:57:18 -0700, stark wrote:

> On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPh...

>> That won't work for anyone without a myspace account, which means
>> unnecessary aggravation. Post your pictures on a site that's not stupid,
>> likewww.photobucket.com.

> What about this:
>
> http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> starkserious/th_IMG_0782.jpg
> http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> starkserious/th_IMG_0783.jpg

Maybe that works for people reading VIA Google, but it doesn't
for many News clients since it's HTML inside of a Text posting.

-sw

On Sep 19, 10:03 am, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:57:18 -0700, stark wrote:
> > On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> That won't work for anyone without a myspace account, which means
> >> unnecessary aggravation. Post your pictures on a site that's not stupid,
> >> likewww.photobucket.com.

> > What about this:

> > http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> > starkserious/th_IMG_0782.jpg
> > http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
> > starkserious/th_IMG_0783.jpg

> Maybe that works for people reading VIA Google, but it doesn't
> for many News clients since it's HTML inside of a Text posting.
>
> -sw

Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

"stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 19, 10:03 am, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > What about this:

>> > http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
>> > starkserious/th_IMG_0782.jpg
>> > http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/
>> > starkserious/th_IMG_0783.jpg

>> Maybe that works for people reading VIA Google, but it doesn't
>> for many News clients since it's HTML inside of a Text posting.
>>
>> -sw

> Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
> got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
> connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

Read the instructions.
http://home.bellsouth.net/newsgroup/

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 04:43:08 -0700, stark <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm using Google Groups. Any idea why
>that's happening?

Get a real usenet service and use a real newsreader. You can use
Google to search for more info.

--
Zilbandy

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:42:05 -0700, stark wrote:

> Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
> got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
> connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

Bellsouth has Usenet access.

-sw

On Sep 19, 10:43 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...

> >> Maybe that works for people reading VIA Google, but it doesn't
> >> for many News clients since it's HTML inside of a Text posting.

> >> -sw

> > Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
> > got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
> > connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

> Read the instructions.http://home.bellsouth.net/newsgroup/

Hmmmmm. Thanks. But wouldn't you know I have DSL Lite. Upgrades 'r Us.

On Sep 19, 11:56 am, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:42:05 -0700, stark wrote:
> > Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
> > got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
> > connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

> Bellsouth has Usenet access.
>
> -sw

I see.

"stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 19, 10:43 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
>> > got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
>> > connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

>> Read the instructions.http://home.bellsouth.net/newsgroup/

> Hmmmmm. Thanks. But wouldn't you know I have DSL Lite. Upgrades 'r Us.

Doesn't include newsgroup access?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:04:32 -0700, stark wrote:

> Hmmmmm. Thanks. But wouldn't you know I have DSL Lite. Upgrades 'r Us.

That's never mattered with any DSL provider I've ever seen or
heard of, and there's nothing on their website indicating that
they exclude it.

-sw

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:04:32 -0700, stark wrote:
>
> > Hmmmmm. Thanks. But wouldn't you know I have DSL Lite. Upgrades 'r
> > Us.

> That's never mattered with any DSL provider I've ever seen or
> heard of, and there's nothing on their website indicating that
> they exclude it.

At least try it. He can set up a newsreader with the server and his
login info and see if it works.

Brian

won't shut up.

wrote:

>On Sep 18, 4:07 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "stark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>

>Hmmmmmm. I seem to have gotten some pics up. Need to improve the URL
>listing, but something else is happening. I'm showing messages in the
>listing that do not show up. I'm using Google Groups. Any idea why
>that's happening?

You're copying the wrong link. Use "direct link".
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:42:05 -0700, stark <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Drat! I haven't been able to get back to the "real" Newsgroups since I
>got my DSL connection. Figured I'd have to keep a separate dial-up
>connection just for access, but that seemed silly. But I do miss 'em.

Have you found this link?
http://home.bellsouth.net/newsgroup/s/s.dll?spage=cg/news/newsgroup003.htm&only=y&ck=

server: newsgroups.bellsouth.net
Be sure to check "my news server requires me to log on". Log on the
first time, tell it to "remember" and you're good to go.

HTH