Ping Terry Pulliam Burd

margaret suran

Guest
I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:41:17 -0400, margaret suran
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

Whoa! that's is right near where my brother lives and teaches at
UCSD. I have to call and check on him.

Thanks for the heads-up, Margaret. I had not heard.

Boron

On Oct 3, 10:41 am, margaret suran <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
> nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

Margaret,

Well south of Terry (or even yours truly). The slide was not
unexpected, as city engineering had warned residents a day or two
earlier that the area was a potential slide point. They had two water
main breaks in the area over the past couple of weeks. Last I heard
no injuries, etc, only property damage.

Jason

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

Margret, my SIL tells me that the streets of Manhattan regularly
swallow trucks.

SoCal had one street collapse that swallowed a house. That's unusual.
<shrug>
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:41:17 -0400, margaret suran
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>> nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

> Margret, my SIL tells me that the streets of Manhattan regularly
> swallow trucks.
>
> SoCal had one street collapse that swallowed a house. That's unusual.
> <shrug>

.....and there are alligators living in the sewers of New York City, or
it may just be a Myth.

As far as I know, one truck was swallowed by a terrible steam pipe
explosion a few months ago. There was one fatality and several
injuries, one extremely critical.

Actually, the pictures on CNN this morning are really frightening. I
hope that no more houses will be swallowed and no injuries will occur.

Jason Tinling wrote:
> On Oct 3, 10:41 am, margaret suran <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>> nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

> Margaret,
>
> Well south of Terry (or even yours truly). The slide was not
> unexpected, as city engineering had warned residents a day or two
> earlier that the area was a potential slide point. They had two water
> main breaks in the area over the past couple of weeks. Last I heard
> no injuries, etc, only property damage.
>
> Jason

Thank you for the update. I hope that this terrible slide will soon be
a forgotten inconvenience and no tragedy for the affected area.

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:41:17 -0400, margaret suran
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>> nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

> Whoa! that's is right near where my brother lives and teaches at
> UCSD. I have to call and check on him.
>

> Thanks for the heads-up, Margaret. I had not heard.
>
> Boron

Gloria, What happened to your brother? I hope that all is well with him
and with all who live and/or work there.

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:55:39 -0400, margaret suran
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:41:17 -0400, margaret suran
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>>> nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

>> Whoa! that's is right near where my brother lives and teaches at
>> UCSD. I have to call and check on him.
>>

>> Thanks for the heads-up, Margaret. I had not heard.
>>
>> Boron

>Gloria, What happened to your brother? I hope that all is well with him
>and with all who live and/or work there.

He is fine, thank you, and unaffected at home and during his commute
to the university.

Boron

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I just saw the Street Buckling in San Diego. I hope that you are
>nowhere near there and are not affected by it. Hugs, M

Margaret - Sorry for my slow reply. I've been having fits at work and
just now am catching up on the ng. No, as Jason informed you, I'm well
north of La Jolla.

Cheers,
Terry Pulliam Burd

"Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all full up here."

- Jack Nicholson, "As Good As It Gets"

To reply, replace "fredflintstone.com" with "cox.net"