ephedra

Hotmoon

Guest
What a great example the ephedra issue is to illustrate the herb ninny bias (I am definitely an herb
ninny, although I hope not to let my orientation blind me.)

The FDA (curse their black hearts) has set up a reporting system so that negative herb reactions (I
presume that it is limited to herbs) can be reported. Now, many herb ninnies have a problem with
this. Why??????? When we say that xyz herb has been used for decades or centuries in abc culture or
country, how do we know that? We know it because the people have been observing xyz herb, noting any
negative reactions, if any. How is the FDA system any different, except that it is more methodical.
And ephedra gets bad marks.

Of course, the FDA is not trusted by most herb ninnies, for good reason, so this does not help.

"hotmoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What a great example the ephedra issue is to illustrate the herb ninny bias (I am definitely an
> herb ninny, although I hope not to let my orientation blind me.)
>
> The FDA (curse their black hearts) has set up a reporting system so that negative herb reactions
> (I presume that it is limited to herbs) can be reported. Now, many herb ninnies have a problem
> with this. Why??????? When we say that xyz herb has been used for decades or centuries in abc
> culture or country, how do we know that? We know it because the people have been observing xyz
> herb, noting any negative reactions, if any. How is the FDA system any different, except that it
> is more methodical. And ephedra gets bad marks.
>
> Of course, the FDA is not trusted by most herb ninnies, for good reason, so this does not help.

True. They do not trust the FDA, etc. because they are ninnies.

You drive your car and never crash it - cars are safe. You take a herb and it never disagrees with
you. Are they safe? Anth