Muni tire weight

wobbling bear

Guest
I tend to think there were postings about that ... but could not find
I have a Muni which should be light ... except that the 24x3 tire
weights a ton! (that's why I nicknamed it "the boar": it can go
marveloulsy through thickets).
My usual tire is a Duro leopard ... and for sure it really weights!
So I bought a Gazzaloddi from a friend and I have not yet mounted it.
now I am hesitating: I prefer the round crown of the Duro, but is the
Gazz really going to be lighter?
I am lazy and would like to know before changing tires twice ;)
for sure I would like a lighter Muni!

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com

Nokian Gazzaloddi
* 24 x 2.6 Inch (1220g.)
* 24 x 3.0 Inch (1475g.)
* 26 x 3.0 Inch (1640g.)

Duro Wildlife 26"
1860g

That's all I found, but you could extrapolate from that.

--
thieum

'Selection of the best uni videos out there by Matayo'
(http://monomaniaque.free.fr/videosmono/)
' Requiem pour un Mono' (http://tinyurl.com/ras9l)
http://www.usenet.com

The Duro tire 24x3 inch tire is the same as the Contra 24x3 inch tire
and its weight according to UDC Uk website is 1.495kg (about 3.3
pounds) so is about the same weight as the Nokian gazzaloddi tire

jim

--
Jim
http://www.usenet.com

Maybe this is just me, but I personally like having more rotational
weight on my muni. It makes it roll over stuff much better, and in
general is nicer imo.

-Miles

(I am using a gazz)

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish at gmail dot com
msn: mornish at gmail dot com
'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

Spencer wrote:
> procrastination is just setting you up for max efficiency and therefore
> a good thing

http://www.usenet.com

3.0" tires are heavy. 3.0" tires with strong sidewalls are even
heavier.

You can try the Kenda Stick-E 2.6"; it's definitely lighter than the
Duro, and performs pretty well. It doesn't have nearly as much tread
as the Duro, so it's not as good as the Duro (or the Gazz) in loose
conditions, but it's pretty good elsewhere.

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com

I posted this in another thread:
change from the Duro to the Gazz was dramatic: feeling much lighter!
mud is now my favourite spot :p bouncier .... etc.
I just needed to get accustomed to the square profile.
I will probably squirrel away another Gazz just in case :D

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com