or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Road Cycling › Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
It now looks like the Discovery team will have a new leader for the 2007 TDF. On the Team discovery web site it has reported the Ivan Basso has signed a two year contract and that he is now trainning with the team.
post #2 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusso10
It now looks like the Discovery team will have a new leader for the 2007 TDF. On the Team discovery web site it has reported the Ivan Basso has signed a two year contract and that he is now trainning with the team.
Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?
post #3 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?
No, the original poster just came back to cyberspace after a 2 month break.
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?
I’m sorry for being, as you say two months late on my posting. I did not know there was a time window for postings.
post #5 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?

lol....
post #6 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusso10
I’m sorry for being, as you say two months late on my posting. I did not know there was a time window for postings.
No, there isn't, but the subject has already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Grand Tours subforum.

Hence everyone's amusement at your expense.
post #7 of 28
Thread Starter 

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by matagi
No, there isn't, but the subject has already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Grand Tours subforum.

Hence everyone's amusement at your expense.
No not at my expense. I’m sure there are other people that have a life and do not live and breath pro cycling. Next time I have some news I’ll just keep it to myself.
post #8 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusso10
No not at my expense. I’m sure there are other people that have a life and do not live and breath pro cycling. Next time I have some news I’ll just keep it to myself.
No don't do that - next time you have some news do share it.

Unfortunately, this time you didn't actually have any news - you had in fact missed the boat by a couple of months, hence the derision.
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by matagi
No don't do that - next time you have some news do share it.

Unfortunately, this time you didn't actually have any news - you had in fact missed the boat by a couple of months, hence the derision.
Thats the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. Safe cycling.
post #10 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusso10
No not at my expense. I’m sure there are other people that have a life and do not live and breath pro cycling. Next time I have some news I’ll just keep it to myself.
Proper forum manners require that you at least look around a bit before posting something. Had you done that you would have found other threads discussing the Basso-Discovery event and instead of reporting it as news (which of course it isn't anymore) you would have probably posted your opinion or your prediction about the event and that would have been completely acceptable and proper and hopefully even interesting ... of course you might have gotten blasted anyway, that's the nature of these forums.

We don't all "live and breathe pro cycling" but this is a bike racing forum so the word gets around.
post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Proper forum manners require that you at least look around a bit before posting something. Had you done that you would have found other threads discussing the Basso-Discovery event and instead of reporting it as news (which of course it isn't anymore) you would have probably posted your opinion or your prediction about the event and that would have been completely acceptable and proper and hopefully even interesting ... of course you might have gotten blasted anyway, that's the nature of these forums.

We don't all "live and breathe pro cycling" but this is a bike racing forum so the word gets around.
Proper Forum Manners? Completely Acceptable? Sorry, did not receive my copy of the Cycling Forums rule book when I signed up.
post #12 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusso10
Proper Forum Manners? Completely Acceptable? Sorry, did not receive my copy of the Cycling Forums rule book when I signed up.
General manners, not specific to Cycling Forums, here's a description that'll only take 2 minutes to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette


Forum etiquette
Certain rules of unspoken etiquette should be followed when using Internet forums. They include:

<snip>

Before creating a new topic thread, search to see if a similar topic already exists.


We're mostly an OK bunch of folks here. I apologize if my little joke left you with the impression otherwise.
post #13 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
General manners, not specific to Cycling Forums, here's a description that'll only take 2 minutes to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette


Forum etiquette
Certain rules of unspoken etiquette should be followed when using Internet forums. They include:

<snip>

Before creating a new topic thread, search to see if a similar topic already exists.


We're mostly an OK bunch of folks here. I apologize if my little joke left you with the impression otherwise.
Good thing I read this. I was just about to start a Lance doping thread.
post #14 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

oh no.. I just heard! John F. Kennedy got shot!
post #15 of 28

Re: Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin
oh no.. I just heard! John F. Kennedy got shot!
Where?
Was it Cheney again?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Road Cycling › Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery