Nimbus ISIS v.s KH ISIS Hubs

oneisenough

Guest
Hey everyone, on UDC i have noticed that the nimbus isis and kh isis are
the same price for just the hub. i was wondering which is
better(stronger, lasts longer, and lighter?) I would definatly go with
the KH if i just got the hub, but i found 'this wheel set'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1094), for a really
good price, i think, and was wondering if this would be a good setup if
i went with this wheel and KH moment cranks.

Thanks for all help!

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
http://www.usenet.com

Thats nice and a great price. Not as wide as the new rims, but very nice
setup, great deal.

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com

Quick, get it before they decide to jack up the price on it haha.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com

Brian O. wrote:
> Quick, get it before they decide to jack up the price on it haha.

GOOD advice.

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com

-OR- you could get this:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=714 for almost the same
price.

--

Brian O. wrote:
> -OR- you could get this:
> http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=714 for almost the same
> price.

haha... i think ill go with that (sarcasm)

so this is a better deal than anything i could price together with a KH
hub?And i dont have the money right now, cuz i'd have to get cranks 2,
b/c i have qu-ax 10 spline, not isis.

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
http://www.usenet.com

I sent a similar question to UDC, and they said that the nimbus isus hub
is the same material, made in the same factory, but with a different
logo.

It's basically a KH in black.
I'd get that wheel asap

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com

oneisenough wrote:
> haha... i think ill go with that (sarcasm)

Yeah but the one I linked to even has a tire and those things that hold
pedals on!

--

Danni wrote:
> I sent a similar question to UDC, and they said that the nimbus isus hub
> is the same material, made in the same factory, but with a different
> logo.
>
> It's basically a KH in black.
> I'd get that wheel asap

cool sound good... i can afford the wheel, but not cranks, and the
wheel wouldn't be any good to me w/o cranks:( . I'll have to try and
save up. and i need shin guard bad too:rolleyes:

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
http://www.usenet.com

Dibs, lll jk, This is a totally awesome deal! I've been wondering how
I'm going to get a Isis Uni and this is totally the way to start! Yes,
I'm so excited. These are probably gonna sell fast!!

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
Rolling Giraffe Mount Tutorial
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63892

Mikefule wrote:

> Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
> death.

http://www.usenet.com

man.. i should kept this secret(jk.. i wouldnt do that) i need to borrow
some $$ and then pay back my rents.:p

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
http://www.usenet.com

if your planning on buying it I would buy now then save up for cranks
cause its a sweet deal and I doubt they will last for long.

--
cool-bananas

Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will
still be ugly.
-Winston Churchill -
http://www.usenet.com

Damn good deal!

Wish I wasn't buying a KH24 now :rolleyes:

I'd definitely upgrade my DX wheel with that, though only for better
cranks, after like the third time I trued my DX wheel, it's never even
budged since then... it came to me with really loose spokes... oh well,
I'm still happy with my DX :)

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com

Danni wrote:
> I sent a similar question to UDC, and they said that the nimbus isus hub
> is the same material, made in the same factory, but with a different
> logo.
>
> It's basically a KH in black.
> I'd get that wheel asap

the kh and koxx 24" rims are the same except for the logo too...
if anyone cares

--
torkerdx

johnfoss wrote:
> Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com

The Kh hub has a drilled spindle, the nimbus hub does not. This means
that the nimbus hub is deffinitely heavier, but most probably stronger.
Other than that, and minor cosmetic details like the flange cut-outs,
they are identical.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

its on its way. with the kh moment cranks (137mm).

thanks for all the help guys!!

--

kington99 wrote:
> The Kh hub has a drilled spindle, the nimbus hub does not. This means
> that the nimbus hub is deffinitely heavier, but most probably stronger.
> Other than that, and minor cosmetic details like the flange cut-outs,
> they are identical.

According to Rogers website the KH ISIS is 644g vs the Nimbus ISIS
which is 635g.

The flange cutouts are minor cosmetic details but (with all due respect
to Kris), do you really need to have his initials on yet more bits of
your unicycle?

I've just ordered a Nimbus ISIS for my Titanium XC 29'er Muni.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The Monguni 2009....Unicycle Tour of Mongolia

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com

GizmoDuck wrote:
> According to Rogers website the KH ISIS is 644g vs the Nimbus ISIS which
> is 635g.

Thats interesting, I wonder what makes the Nimbus hub lighter if the KH
has the drilled spindle and the Nimbus doesnt.

--

GizmoDuck wrote:
> I've just ordered a Nimbus ISIS for my Titanium XC 29'er Muni.

you need to post pics of that when you get it. it sounds so BA.

--
zfreak220

pshf.
http://www.usenet.com

GizmoDuck wrote:
> According to Rogers website the KH ISIS is 644g vs the Nimbus ISIS which
> is 635g.
>
> The flange cutouts are minor cosmetic details but (with all due respect
> to Kris), do you really need to have his initials on yet more bits of
> your unicycle?
>
> Ken

valuable info!

im not really that worried about looks though, so its not that big of
an issue( at all) i just like that this hub is in a complete wheel, at
a good price, an i also dont need to get it laced now!!

Brian O. wrote:
> Thats interesting, I wonder what makes the Nimbus hub lighter if the KH
> has the drilled spindle and the Nimbus doesnt.

yeah that is interesting. Could the paint be a different thickness, or
material?

zfreak220 wrote:
> you need to post pics of that when you get it. it sounds so BA.

+1 i'd love to see it!