morgan's bikes scam

Alex

Guest
Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes form www.morgansbikes.com,
don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
forging emails to make them look like they cam from ebay.
-----------------------
Alex

On Oct 26, 8:18 am, Alex <[email protected]> wrote:
> Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes formwww.morgansbikes.com,
> don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
> forging emails to make them look like they cam from ebay.
> -----------------------
> Alex

Is Morgans' bikes doing it?

> Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes form www.morgansbikes.com,
> don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
> forging emails to make them look like they cam from ebay.
> -----------------------
> Alex

Notice any similarities in the sites below? I just did a google on "SPECIAL
PRICES - LIQUIDATION OF 2006 STOCK"

http://users2.nofeehost.com/jeromesbikes/
http://www.morgansbikes.com/
http://www.edmundbikesonline.com/faq.html (at least they're not just
scamming the US!)

Hard to believe anyone falls for these scams. Even harder to believe that
they resurface, unchanged, over and over and over. It can't be all that hard
for someone to track, and these guys are nothing if not prolific.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Oct 26, 8:18 am, Alex <[email protected]> wrote:
> Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes formwww.morgansbikes.com,
> don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
> forging emails to make them look like they cam from ebay.
> -----------------------
> Alex

I emailed a poster on the Denver Craigslist for a waaaay too good to
be true offer on a S Works Roubaix, asking what size that he had. The
response:

Dear customer,Thank you for your interest in our bikes. THIS IS A
STOCK LIMIT OFFER!!! We give this discount because we are liquidating
our stock.We have all sizes and colors available on stock right now
with this model.The bikes are in perfect condition, new (not used), no
problems or scratches on them, as its come from the manufacture. It
will come in original box with all the papers, manuals and manufacture
warranty documents.The buy it now price for the complete bike is
listed on our website. In this price all shipment costs are included.
We ship the bike fully assembled.We would like to make a safe
transaction through eBay for our both protection. We are registered
with their protection program department and they will handle the
transaction. Your funds are 100% insured by
eBay until you will receive and inspect the bike and we are sure that
we receive your payment after you confirm and inspect the bike. You
have 3 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and to
decide if you want to keep it or not. If you are not satisfied with
it, you will send the bike to us (at our cost) and eBay will fully
refund you.For shipment we use UPS Air Service and if you buy it now,
we will support all shipment costs. In maximum 5 days the bike will
arrive at your door.If you decide to buy it now, please email us
imediately with the following details:- COMPLETE BIKE MODEL (exactly
as it writes on our website) :- BIKE's SIZE AND COLOR :- YOUR FULL
NAME :- YOUR FULL ADDRESS
:- YOUR PHONE NUMBER :- YOUR EBAY USER ID:and we will contact eBay to
start the transaction.You can check our website at www.morgansbikes.comWe
look forward for your reply,Phil Deville,Sales Dep.,Morgan's Cycling
Store,address: 375 Western Ave., Augusta, ME, 04330, USAwebsite:
www.morgansbikes.comemail: [email protected]

On Oct 26, 8:18 am, Alex <[email protected]> wrote:
> Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes formwww.morgansbikes.com,
> don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
> forging emails to make them look like they cam from ebay.
> -----------------------
> Alex

I emailed a poster on the Denver Craigslist for a waaaay too good to
be true offer on a S Works Roubaix, asking what size that he had. The
response:

Dear customer,Thank you for your interest in our bikes. THIS IS A
STOCK LIMIT OFFER!!! We give this discount because we are liquidating
our stock.We have all sizes and colors available on stock right now
with this model.The bikes are in perfect condition, new (not used), no
problems or scratches on them, as its come from the manufacture. It
will come in original box with all the papers, manuals and manufacture
warranty documents.The buy it now price for the complete bike is
listed on our website. In this price all shipment costs are included.
We ship the bike fully assembled.We would like to make a safe
transaction through eBay for our both protection. We are registered
with their protection program department and they will handle the
transaction. Your funds are 100% insured by
eBay until you will receive and inspect the bike and we are sure that
we receive your payment after you confirm and inspect the bike. You
have 3 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and to
decide if you want to keep it or not. If you are not satisfied with
it, you will send the bike to us (at our cost) and eBay will fully
refund you.For shipment we use UPS Air Service and if you buy it now,
we will support all shipment costs. In maximum 5 days the bike will
arrive at your door.If you decide to buy it now, please email us
imediately with the following details:- COMPLETE BIKE MODEL (exactly
as it writes on our website) :- BIKE's SIZE AND COLOR :- YOUR FULL
NAME :- YOUR FULL ADDRESS
:- YOUR PHONE NUMBER :- YOUR EBAY USER ID:and we will contact eBay to
start the transaction.You can check our website at www.morgansbikes.comWe
look forward for your reply,Phil Deville,Sales Dep.,Morgan's Cycling
Store,address: 375 Western Ave., Augusta, ME, 04330, USAwebsite:
www.morgansbikes.comemail: [email protected]

Well, gee, that couldn't possibly be a scam.

news:[email protected]...