B+B near Tryfan (and a pub?!)

Richard Phillips

Guest
Hello all,

I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to climb
Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap B+B in the
vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?

Cheers,
R.

In message <[email protected]>, Richard Phillips
<[email protected]> writes
>Hello all,
>
>I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to climb
>Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap B+B in the
>vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>
>Cheers,
>R.

Is Betws-y-Coed too far for you?

Plenty of digs there.. If a bunkhouse is OK then the Glan Aber (main
street Betws -y-Coed) has a superb Bunkhouse - breakfast in the hotel
and very reasonable and clean. Good ablutions too.
--
Bill Grey

Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to climb
> Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap B+B in the
> vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>
> Cheers,
> R.

Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

Keith wrote:
> Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to
>> climb Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap
>> B+B in the vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> R.

> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...

Cheers,
Richard.

Keith wrote:
> Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to
>> climb Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap
>> B+B in the vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> R.

> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...

Cheers,
Richard.

"Richard Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Keith wrote:
>> Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to
>>> climb Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap
>>> B+B in the vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> R.

>> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

> Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...

Tyn-y-Coed in Capel Curig - it's a Hotel but is well known in the climbing
fraternity....

"Richard Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Keith wrote:
>> Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to
>>> climb Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap
>>> B+B in the vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> R.

>> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

> Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...

Tyn-y-Coed in Capel Curig - it's a Hotel but is well known in the climbing
fraternity....

"Richard Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Keith wrote:
>> Richard Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm heading upto Snowdonia in a few weeks with a couple of mates to
>>> climb Tryfan and perhaps the Glyders, can anyone recommend a cheap
>>> B+B in the vicinity? Preferably with breakfast and near a pub?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> R.

>> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

> Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...

Tyn-y-Coed in Capel Curig - it's a Hotel but is well known in the climbing
fraternity....

"Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Richard Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Keith wrote:

>>> Bryn Tyrch in Capel Curig does both

>> Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this place...
>>

> Tyn-y-Coed in Capel Curig - it's a Hotel but is well known in the climbing
> fraternity....

There's a B&B called Bryn Glo that's an option. They've got one room that's
even got a private door. They also do a decent breakfast in the morning.

http://www.bryn-glo.com/

Then you can get your food at the Ty'n Coed (Cheaper than Bryn Tyrch, and
the food is as good if better). Or if you have really wierd taste in food
and want to pay London prices, go to the Bryn Tyrch.

As for beer, all 3 hotels serve a cracking pint and have a good atmosphere
(though the Cobdens has always been dead when i've been there). Even the
'lagers' are good (Staropramen, Leffe).

More of a walker's atmosphere all round than Betws.

T Dave R