or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wheel buildin Q: 15g with spacer?

post #1 of 2
<< Do people use spacer for 15g spoke? I just build up a 32h front, radial with wheelsmith 15g db
spokes. The front hub has the normal 2.5 hub hole diam >>

A spoke washer wouldn't hurt-

<< Also, one more question, what is the recommended tension for front wheel? rear wheel drv side?
I've the tensiometer. I was told it should be somewhere around 100 (I forgot the unit!) >>

About 100 kilograms of force-

<< Also, from the previous thread, Mr. Colina suggest the race lace spoking on the rear wheel >>

Silly, IMO, answers no questions, solves no problems when compared to a well built wheel with
properly chosen components.

<< Any additional suggestion/advice before I dive in and get one build? >>

Take yer time-

post #2 of 2

Re: Wheel buildin Q: 15g with spacer?

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <vecchio51@aol.com> wrote in message
> << Do people use spacer for 15g spoke? I just build up a 32h front, radial with wheelsmith 15g db
> spokes. The front hub has the normal 2.5 hub hole diam >>
>
> A spoke washer wouldn't hurt-

Clip:I wouldn't use washers unless it is to cure the head to elbow dimension problem shown in Peter
Whites article at URL: http://peterwhitecycles.com/DTspokes.htm
D.O.

> << Also, one more question, what is the recommended tension for front wheel? rear wheel drv side?
> I've the tensiometer. I was told it should be somewhere around 100 (I forgot the unit!) >>
>
> About 100 kilograms of force-

Clip:Make sure that your measuring device is calibrated to match the spokes you are using.
Wheelsmith's Spoke Tension guage comes with a calibration chart for their spokes. You might
need to interpolate or extrapolate for the spokes you are using.
D.O.

> << Also, from the previous thread, Mr. Colina suggest the race lace spoking on the rear wheel >>
>
> Silly, IMO, answers no questions, solves no problems when compared to a
well
> built wheel with properly chosen components.

Clip:I agree with Peter. You will be best served by spending your time with proper tensioning,
tension balancing, spoke alignment, and stress relieving. I suggest investing the time reading
Jobst Brandt's book "the Bicycle Wheel".

David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

> << Any additional suggestion/advice before I dive in and get one build? >>
>
> Take yer time-

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment