ISO 5775 (Labeling tires & rims)

Tom Nakashima

Guest
International Standard for labeling the size of bicycle tires & rims?
I was looking over the ISO standards for a different matter and
saw ISO 5775, didn't know there was such, but quite interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5775
-tom

On Nov 16, 6:57 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> International Standard for labeling the size of bicycle tires & rims?
> I was looking over the ISO standards for a different matter and
> saw ISO 5775, didn't know there was such, but quite interesting:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5775
> -tom

It's usually referred to as ETRTO, but yeah, "559" is a better
designator than "26 inch". Sheldon's got basically the same thing on
his site: http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

"Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> International Standard for labeling the size of bicycle tires & rims?
> I was looking over the ISO standards for a different matter and
> saw ISO 5775, didn't know there was such, but quite interesting:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5775
> -tom

Does anyone have an idea what the difference between a Wired-Edge tire is
and a Beaded-Edge tire?

Kurd wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea what the difference between a Wired-Edge tire is
> and a Beaded-Edge tire?

Straight side (-590 for example) versus hook bead (as -559, etc ) would
be more descriptive.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Nov 16, 9:57 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> International Standard for labeling the size of bicycle tires & rims?
> I was looking over the ISO standards for a different matter and
> saw ISO 5775, didn't know there was such, but quite interesting:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5775
> -tom

Refer to sheldon brown's website.

b.d