Finally got a uni!!

Divebomber

Guest
Well, after a LONG time I finally got around to buying one. It's a cheap
sun and I've had it since yesterday and had the seat post cut once, but
it needs to be cut again. Shouldn't the uni be able to stand with the
seat on your crotch and you should be able to put your foot in the 4
O'clock position and have it be fully extended? The seat goes a bit
above my crotch. Plus, the seat does twist. I just saw a post on this
and may try something, but it's not that big of a deal..

--
Divebomber

'My Flickr.' (http://www.flickr.com/photos/butch_vigs_car/)
'Myspace.' (http://tinyurl.com/36bgea)
-Buying my Uni with money earned through Ebay sales ONLY!!-
-AIM: deannamaier-
http://www.usenet.com

Welcome,

Glad to hear you chose the way of the uni. The seat hight should be
roughly: so when you are sitting on it with the pedals at 12 and 6
o'clock, the 6 o'clock leg is almost full extended. Good luck.

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com

Welcome!

If the seatpost clamp is of the quick release type, try twisting the
knob when its loose, that will make it clamp tighter when you close it.
AgentQ nailed the question on seatpost height.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com

Thanks! The Sun I have has no handle. Is there anyway I can get/make
one?

--
Divebomber

'My Flickr.' (http://www.flickr.com/photos/butch_vigs_car/)
'Myspace.' (http://tinyurl.com/36bgea)
-Buying my Uni with money earned through Ebay sales ONLY!!-
-AIM: deannamaier-
http://www.usenet.com

you should come to my clinic next year.

--
danger_uni+1
http://www.usenet.com

THe seat keeps coming out from under me. Where I'm learning I have to
crouch down to reach the fence. I'm putting my weight on the seat, but
how do I keep it from coming out from under me?

--
Divebomber

'My Flickr.' (http://www.flickr.com/photos/butch_vigs_car/)
'Myspace.' (http://tinyurl.com/36bgea)
http://www.usenet.com

I suggest you find a different area so you don't have to crouch. It
really helps if you can keep a straight back. If necessary use your
girage door (if you have one) or the side of your house (or any
building) as a support. The only way I can think that you will be able
to get a handle on your uni is by buying a new saddle.

I'm confused. How can the seat come out from under you if you're
putting your weight on it? Do you mean the whole unicycle is either
going so far forward or backward that you're falling off?

--
aquaman
http://www.usenet.com

aquaman wrote:
> I suggest you find a different area so you don't have to crouch. It
> really helps if you can keep a straight back. If necessary use your
> girage door (if you have one) or the side of your house (or any
> building) as a support. The only way I can think that you will be able
> to get a handle on your uni is by buying a new saddle.
>
> I'm confused. How can the seat come out from under you if you're
> putting your weight on it? Do you mean the whole unicycle is either
> going so far forward or backward that you're falling off?

Thanks and yeah. I rode in a different spot today and my riding has
greatly improved with the new spot. Also, yes, the entire uni was
coming out from under me. Might be from leaning too far forward or
backward?

--
Divebomber

'My Flickr.' (http://www.flickr.com/photos/butch_vigs_car/)
'Myspace.' (http://tinyurl.com/36bgea)
http://www.usenet.com

well which one was it? was the uni coming out in the front? if so, lean
forward more. If it is coming out in the back, lean backwards some.

--
Chris.James

http://www.usenet.com

Chris.James wrote:
> well which one was it? was the uni coming out in the front? if so, lean
> forward more. If it is coming out in the back, lean backwards some.

Sorry, it was happening both ways, but I've got it..thanks.