Question about crank nub grinding

surfer1024

Guest
Ok im trying to give as much info as possible so here goes...
I have a Qu-ax Trials (the one before the isis one) and
I've watched Evan's crank de-nubbing tutorial and I know what to do and
I have all the stuff but the problem is my crank bolt doesn't allow it
to happen. It looks like this..
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=926
And i've heard that you can replace the original bolt with this one..
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=927
so you can grind the nub off.
Will this work on my Cranks? Heres some ugly pictures lol...
[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/zaw92/Unicyclepictures007.jpg]
[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/zaw92/Unicyclepictures006.jpg]
[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/zaw92/Unicyclepictures005.jpg]

sorry for screen stretch

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
My Youtube Videos, Watch Them!
http://youtube.com/user/zaw92

Mikefule wrote:

> Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
> death.

http://www.usenet.com

could you post a link for the tutorial?
search didn't yield any results

--
mcnuggets300

'The Zeppelin Dominion'
http://www.usenet.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTSlaMMo0jY

--

Mikefule wrote:

> Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
> death.

http://www.usenet.com

(bumpitybumpybumpbumperbumperificbump)

--

Mikefule wrote:

> Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
> death.

http://www.usenet.com

Its worth a shot for £2.38

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!

http://www.usenet.com

surfer1024 wrote:
> pictures

Does your camera not have a close up setting :confused:

--
jamessd

My videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBvnO6wVG0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkZLQzvf2g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnedg1YS8c
Add me: [email protected]
http://www.usenet.com

I ground the nubs off the cranks on my 24" DX. The original bolts would
not work for me either. I replaced them w/ those 2004 bolts and works
fine now (now I actually preffer to ride w/ 170 mm Qu-Ax cranks and w/
the additional Q-factor, the nubs don't bother me).

Make sure to put on a healthy amount of gear grease, so you can get the
cranks off if you ever want to remove them again.

A crank puller no longer works for me. I have wedge a screw driver in
there and rock it and the crank back and forth until I can pull off the
crank. I'm sure doing this freequently will wear out the splines.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Bob Bernquist on how to improve significantly.

yunisyko wrote:
> it's all about balls. i lose them often and then get em back.

http://www.usenet.com

I bought the 2004 KH bolts for my DX, though I don't think I have ever
actually smashed my ankle on the nub, I did it just to be safe.

Now that it has a rounded bolt in there, it won't hurt as much if the
day does come.

Also, I don't need a crank puller to remove my cranks... They're pinch
bolt cranks, you shouldn't need a puller for them period.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'