Baked Buffalo Style Chicken Breasts?

MilwaukeeConosieur

Guest
So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
or flour?

Thanks
MC

MilwaukeeConosieur <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
> or flour?
>
> Thanks
> MC

consider pork rinds for that low carb breading

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

hahabogus wrote:
> MilwaukeeConosieur <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread
>> crumbs or flour?
>>
>> Thanks
>> MC

I've never heard of buffalo chicken breasts. But the sauce for wings is
just melted butter and hot sauce slathered liberally over deep fried wings.
I do mine under the broiler, though, and brush them constantly with the
sauce during the process.

Jill

"MilwaukeeConosieur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
> or flour?
>
> Thanks
> MC

Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
ingredients?

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
<[email protected]> wrote:

>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>or flour?

Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
with hot sauce?

<[email protected]> wrote:

>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>or flour?

Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
with hot sauce?

Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>>or flour?

> Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
> with hot sauce?

Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

--

<[email protected]> wrote:

>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>or flour?

Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
to spell it.

"raymond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>>or flour?
>>

> Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
> was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
> produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
> stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
> French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
> use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
> were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
> to spell it.

He/she didn't use the word "breading" in the original message, so I'm not
sure how you managed to see it misspelled.

Sorry. Meant to reply by usenet used email by accident.

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:07:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking you wrote:

>"MilwaukeeConosieur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>> or flour?
>>
>> Thanks
>> MC

>Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
>ingredients?

Because a lot of the recipes that I found on the net did.

Oops.
Just noticed that I didn't say skinless.

"MilwaukeeConosieur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry. Meant to reply by usenet used email by accident.
>

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:07:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking you wrote:
>
>>"MilwaukeeConosieur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>>> or flour?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> MC

>>Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
>>ingredients?

> Because a lot of the recipes that I found on the net did.
>
> Oops.
> Just noticed that I didn't say skinless.

Well, in Buffalo, this would be considered heresy! :)

hahabogus wrote:
> Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread
>>> crumbs or flour?

>> Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
>> with hot sauce?
>>

> Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you assuming
this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?

Jill

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:47:29 -0500, raymond <[email protected]>
wrote:

> If you
>were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
>to spell it.

Boy youse snoot East guys...
It's the way wez spell it here in Milwaukee.

Oh yes. In Milwaukee, we know our English grammar well enough to know
it's bad grammar to use an ambiguous pronoun.

raymond wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
> >or flour?
> >

> Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded.

Nor is it baked. It is deep fried.

> Breading
> was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
> produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
> stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
> French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
> use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
> were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
> to spell it.

A number of places around here serve their wings "dusted", dredged in a
mixture of flour and some chicken soup powder, then deep fried and tossed
in sauce. While not authentic Buffalo Wings, they are pretty good.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> He/she didn't use the word "breading" in the original message, so I'm not
> sure how you managed to see it misspelled.

True enough, but the subject line was about chicken breasts, and I just
can't picture deep drying pieces of chicken breast without some sort of
breading.

"raymond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
>>or flour?
>>

> Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
> was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
> produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
> stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
> French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
> use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
> were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
> to spell it.

testy -

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> hahabogus wrote:
>> Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
>>> with hot sauce?
>>>

>> Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

> The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you
> assuming this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?
>
> Jill

Jill, you quoted him... where does it say "not any kind of breading"? He
mentioned specific types of breading all fairly carb high...and pork
rinds wasn't on his list; and it is low carb and an excellent bread crumb
replacement and fairly cheap too.

If he doesn't like the idea it don't matter to me but if it never crossed
his mind it has now. And pork rind crumbs taste good on buffalo wings
even if they are low carb. Even non low carb people can enjoy them.

--

hahabogus wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> hahabogus wrote:
>>> Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

>> The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you
>> assuming this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Jill, you quoted him... where does it say "not any kind of breading"?
> He mentioned specific types of breading all fairly carb high...and
> pork rinds wasn't on his list; and it is low carb and an excellent
> bread crumb replacement and fairly cheap too.

True, but then I couldn't begin to list all the possible types of breading
one could use. He didn't mention cornflake crumbs :)

> If he doesn't like the idea it don't matter to me but if it never
> crossed his mind it has now. And pork rind crumbs taste good on
> buffalo wings even if they are low carb. Even non low carb people can
> enjoy them.

I suppose so! But you mentioned low carb and I don't immediately assume
everyone who doesn't want breading is doing the low carb thing. I don't
bread a lot of things and I'm not on a low carb diet :)

Jill