The finished Beggars Chicken...

PeterLucas

Guest
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Beggars Chicken/

If you haven't done a chook this way......... you hafta!!

I'd forgotten how juicy and tender the flesh comes out like. I've decided
we're having two of them for Christmas Day. That way I'll be able to get
some of the parts *I* want, and not have to come back to the table and see
a skeleton!!

5lt of Heiney, a 2kg chook, a multitude of baked potatos, a bucketload of
steamed fresh veges......... and the stomachs on legs *still* wanted
dessert!! (Which they knew was on the cards anyway!!)

So the double chocolate (dark and milk) mousse was sacrificed.

So now we open the reds that they brought :)

On Dec 9, 6:37 am, PeterLucas <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Beggars Chicken/
>
> If you haven't done a chook this way......... you hafta!!
>
> I'd forgotten how juicy and tender the flesh comes out like. I've decided
> we're having two of them for Christmas Day. That way I'll be able to get
> some of the parts *I* want, and not have to come back to the table and see
> a skeleton!!
>
> 5lt of Heiney, a 2kg chook, a multitude of baked potatos, a bucketload of
> steamed fresh veges......... and the stomachs on legs *still* wanted
> dessert!! (Which they knew was on the cards anyway!!)
>
> So the double chocolate (dark and milk) mousse was sacrificed.
>
> So now we open the reds that they brought :)

Now that looks like a real way to do a chicken. I'm not sure if we
can get the Heiniken keg. Can I substitute a local microbrewery
without affecting the taste of the chicken?
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

On Dec 9, 6:37 am, PeterLucas <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Beggars Chicken/
>
> If you haven't done a chook this way......... you hafta!!
>
> I'd forgotten how juicy and tender the flesh comes out like. I've decided
> we're having two of them for Christmas Day. That way I'll be able to get
> some of the parts *I* want, and not have to come back to the table and see
> a skeleton!!
>
> 5lt of Heiney, a 2kg chook, a multitude of baked potatos, a bucketload of
> steamed fresh veges......... and the stomachs on legs *still* wanted
> dessert!! (Which they knew was on the cards anyway!!)
>
> So the double chocolate (dark and milk) mousse was sacrificed.
>
> So now we open the reds that they brought :)

Now that looks like a real way to do a chicken. I'm not sure if we
can get the Heiniken keg. Can I substitute a local microbrewery
without affecting the taste of the chicken?
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

John Kane <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Dec 9, 6:37 am, PeterLucas <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Beggars%

20Chicken
>> /
>>
>> If you haven't done a chook this way......... you hafta!!
>>
>> I'd forgotten how juicy and tender the flesh comes out like. I've
>> decided we're having two of them for Christmas Day. That way I'll be
>> able to get some of the parts *I* want, and not have to come back to
>> the table and see a skeleton!!
>>
>> 5lt of Heiney, a 2kg chook, a multitude of baked potatos, a
>> bucketload of steamed fresh veges......... and the stomachs on legs
>> *still* wanted dessert!! (Which they knew was on the cards anyway!!)
>>
>> So the double chocolate (dark and milk) mousse was sacrificed.
>>
>> So now we open the reds that they brought :)

> Now that looks like a real way to do a chicken. I'm not sure if we
> can get the Heiniken keg. Can I substitute a local microbrewery
> without affecting the taste of the chicken?
> John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Just about any old beer will do, methinks :)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Wars begin where you will...