Road bike news, reviews, cycling advice, gear, parts and accessories,bike routes, ...

[email protected] wrote:
> Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
> http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

"Bicycle gearing
A modern racing bicycles is often equipped with a double-chainring crankset
at the front and a 9-speed or 10-speed cassette at the back. Since wheel
size is standardized, the gearing system is often described by stating the
number of teeth in the chainrings and cogs. For example, the front chainring
gearing is denoted "53/39", meaning that it has 53- and 39-tooth chainrings
on the crankset. The rear cassette is denoted by its smallest and its
largest. For example, a "12-25" means that the smallest has 12 teeth, and
the largest has 25 teeth. Nowadays 9- and 10-speed cassettes are
commonplace, which make the choice of intermediate gears less important than
when there were only 5 cogs available in a cassette. These cassettes
typically have a 7% step on the top 6 or 7 gears, and an 11% step on the
lower gears"

The above is the only content on this "blog". It obviously exists purely to
make money from the "Ads by Google".

~PB

"Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
>> http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

> "Bicycle gearing
> A modern racing bicycles is often equipped with a double-chainring
> crankset at the front and a 9-speed or 10-speed cassette at the back.
> Since wheel size is standardized, the gearing system is often described by
> stating the number of teeth in the chainrings and cogs. For example, the
> front chainring gearing is denoted "53/39", meaning that it has 53- and
> 39-tooth chainrings on the crankset. The rear cassette is denoted by its
> smallest and its largest. For example, a "12-25" means that the smallest
> has 12 teeth, and the largest has 25 teeth. Nowadays 9- and 10-speed
> cassettes are commonplace, which make the choice of intermediate gears
> less important than when there were only 5 cogs available in a cassette.
> These cassettes typically have a 7% step on the top 6 or 7 gears, and an
> 11% step on the lower gears"
>
> The above is the only content on this "blog". It obviously exists purely
> to make money from the "Ads by Google".
>
> ~PB

And I have just compounded it by going to look! There really is nothing
more to this "site" - avoid going there!

Geoff Pearson wrote:
> "Pete Biggs" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
>>> http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

>> "Bicycle gearing.......[ 10 lines snipped].." The above is the only
>> content on this "blog". It obviously exists
>> purely to make money from the "Ads by Google".

> And I have just compounded it by going to look! There really is
> nothing more to this "site" - avoid going there!

Unfortunately some other newsgroups I frequent are starting to be plagued by
these stupid sites. More google-posting related killfiles required.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

> Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
> http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

Better information can be obtained from any of the other cycling forums.

I could have sworn I've seen an equally poor, if not identical, cycling blog
promoted elsewhere earlier this year...

"Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
>> http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

> "Bicycle gearing
> A modern racing bicycles is often equipped with a double-chainring
> crankset at the front and a 9-speed or 10-speed cassette at the back.
> Since wheel size is standardized, the gearing system is often described by
> stating the number of teeth in the chainrings and cogs. For example, the
> front chainring gearing is denoted "53/39", meaning that it has 53- and
> 39-tooth chainrings on the crankset. The rear cassette is denoted by its
> smallest and its largest. For example, a "12-25" means that the smallest
> has 12 teeth, and the largest has 25 teeth. Nowadays 9- and 10-speed
> cassettes are commonplace, which make the choice of intermediate gears
> less important than when there were only 5 cogs available in a cassette.
> These cassettes typically have a 7% step on the top 6 or 7 gears, and an
> 11% step on the lower gears"
>
> The above is the only content on this "blog". It obviously exists purely
> to make money from the "Ads by Google".
>
> ~PB

Thanks for the warning Pete.

Pete Biggs wrote:
> "Bicycle gearing
> A modern racing bicycles is often equipped with a double-chainring crankset

[...]

> The above is the only content on this "blog". It obviously exists purely to
> make money from the "Ads by Google".

A quick google will show that it's not original either: was stolen
wholesale from the Wikipedia "Bicycle gearing" page

-dan

Quoting Pete Biggs <[email protected]>:
>[email protected] wrote:
>>Informations guide for all cycling equipment,and many more ...
>>http://bicycle-equipment.blogspot.com/

>The above is the only content on this "blog". It obviously exists purely to
>make money from the "Ads by Google".

And, not entirely coincidentally, the spammer was posting via Google. But
then, they all are these days.
Today is First Potmos, January.