Care of knife blocks

Robert

Guest
I have 2 that need attention. What is the best way to clean and care for a knife block. Is it rubbed
with an oil of some sort. Is it best cleaned with detergent?

Thank you.

On 12/20/2003 5:04 PM, in article
[email protected], "robert"
<[email protected]> opined:

> I have 2 that need attention. What is the best way to clean and care for a knife block. Is it
> rubbed with an oil of some sort. Is it best cleaned with detergent?
>
> Thank you.

Wipe it down with mineral oil, do not use olive or vegetable oils as they may go rancid.
I'd rather have a German division ahead of me then a French division behind me," Gen.
George S. Patton

I sanded my block, put a nice walnut stain on it, then coated it with polyurethane finish.

You can use either gloss or matte, depending on what you like. Now any gunk just wipes off. Leave
the bottom unfinished so the wood can breathe.

news:[email protected]...