OT--what the heck is a troll

ilaboo

Guest
people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a troll?--i have
some funny creature from Norway that people say are trolls

is the term a compliment or insult?

i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i really
look like him!!)

anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice

take care
peter

Peter Lener writes:

> people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a
> troll?--i have some funny creature from Norway that people say are
> trolls

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/troll

definition 2a,3a.

> is the term a compliment or insult?

There you go trolling again.

> i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i really
> look like him!!)

and again.

> anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice

and again.

Jobst Brandt

"ilaboo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a troll?--i
> have some funny creature from Norway that people say are trolls
>
> is the term a compliment or insult?
>
> i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i
> really look like him!!)
>
> anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice
>
> take care
> peter

It is a Usenet term of endearment. Think of it as a kiss on the cheek.

J.

"ilaboo" <[email protected]> wrote in news:34xkj.446$4b6.224@trndny08:

> people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a
> troll?--

Someone who posts annoying and/or controversial messages to bait others
into heated replies.

> i have some funny creature from Norway that people say are
> trolls

Yes, Norwegians are trolls, but I would not denigrate the
Norwegian race by calling them "creatures".

> is the term a compliment or insult?

That depends on the circumstances. If someone who hates
Norwegians calls you a "Norwegian", then it is an insult.
If a Norwegian calls you a Norwegian, they are merely trying
to troll you.

> i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i
> really look like him!!)

Blue skin can be a sympton of argyria. This cannot be cured by wearing
a wool cap. Lay off the colloidal silver.

[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Little Meow <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>> i have some funny creature from Norway that people say are
>>> trolls

>> Yes, Norwegians are trolls, but I would not denigrate the
>> Norwegian race by calling them "creatures".

> We have 'em in British Columbia, too.
> Only we call 'em caribous.

I refuse to reply to this obvious troll.

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:47:57 GMT, Little Meow <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote in news:[email protected]:

>>> Yes, Norwegians are trolls, but I would not denigrate the
>>> Norwegian race by calling them "creatures".

>> We have 'em in British Columbia, too.
>> Only we call 'em caribous.

>I refuse to reply to this obvious troll.

Thanks for the fish.
--
zk