MY obstacle trials course, need help!

Unisyko

Guest
HI,ive already found some other threads on obstacle course but id
rather my own.
today i just made use of some stuff out the back yard and made a trials
obstacle course. i found-
A \steel girder
lots of wood
a steel frame of a table
cement blocks
wood blocks
wire nets
tyres
big rocks

the problem is that everything is so unstable for example, the cement
blocks wobble a little and the planks layed across the steel table
frame are not stable and not connected to it. most things woble, can i
have any help. i got lots of tools so i dont need to worry about that.

[image: [image:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/brandonnankivell/obstacle2.jpg]]

[image: [image:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/brandonnankivell/obstacle.jpg]]

[image: [image:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/brandonnankivell/spareobstaclestuff.jpg]]

--
Unisyko

Sticky Tape fixes *EVERYTHING* :D
)-360'-unispin-O
(I am "Uni Tricks")
My unicycle- Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS with 137mm KH Moments and a BLUE
CAP
Type- Street & Trials
http://www.usenet.com

First of all, ditch the thing with the wire fencing - thats no where
near thick enough to support an type of weight and you are just going
to get hurt and/or pop a tire on it.

As far as the cinder blocks wobbling, angle them in ways which make
sense for which direction you are coming from. Maybe screw the planks
into the tires to make those more stable.

You could partially bury some of those shorter blocks of wood and
bricks to practice hopping accuracy by placing them all at random
distances. Burying them half way may make them more stable.

I also wouldnt waste all those pieces of wood on the bed frame, just
use a couple and use the rest to make some skinnies to ride on, maybe
place them on the blocks/bricks rather than burying those like I
suggest previously.

Also, your new user name. Some people might be upset because its very
similar to Justin Abbott's (yunisyko) and it may cause confusion.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com

Unisyko wrote:
> the planks layed across the steel table frame are not stable and not
> connected to it.

Bungee cords, or industrial racheting straps, or something like that to
tighten them all down.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

http://www.usenet.com

Brian O. wrote:
> Also, your new user name. Some people might be upset because its very
> similar to Justin Abbott's (yunisyko) and it may cause confusion.

yup, it took me a while to realize this was a different person

--
Det-riot

Into the blue wrote:
> GILD, did you have clothes on when you spoke to me on the phone?

'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'3,000th post!' (http://tinyurl.com/2g9sg2)
http://www.usenet.com

OK im gonna change my name... again...

--
Unisyko

Sticky Tape fixes *EVERYTHING* :D
)-360'-unispin-O
(I am "Uni Tricks")
My unicycle- Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS with 137mm KH Moments and a BLUE
CAP
Type- Street & Trials
http://www.usenet.com

Here's some cool stuff to build
http://www.unicycletips.com/building.htm

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,
Latest Vid: My flips
http://tinyurl.com/2bw3n8
http://www.usenet.com

I'd ditch the cynderblocks...but I haven't felt the same about them
since one tipped over on me, leaving a nice scar on my left forearm.

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88