Re: **Highjump Competition**

Danni

Guest
Highjump bar! I think why I progressed my jump so fast was due to
training on the highjump bar. When you transfer to ledges, just think
that you are going over, not onto. It works everytime.

I know a really easy, fairly cheap way of making a safe highjump bar if
anyone is interested.

--
Danni

'Sliver Trials Course'
'Calgary Trials Vid(1)'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA) 'Birds
and Trials Vid(2)'
(http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=57dGuIs7fng)
*)---':cool:, 1mHighJump*

Danni wrote:
> Highjump bar! I think why I progressed my jump so fast was due to
> training on the highjump bar. When you transfer to ledges, just think
> that you are going over, not onto. It works everytime.
>
> I know a really easy, fairly cheap way of making a safe highjump bar if
> anyone is interested.

I want to know. Ive been thinking of making one. Seems simple to make,
and it would be nice to just go outside of my house to practice and not
have to travel to ledges and places with pallets.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

Brace two posts so that they don't fall down. The posts should be 120cm
or so. Go to a hardware store and buy velcro tape. It has long lasting
sticky glue on one side and the both ends of velcro. Get a medium sized
dowel, 6ft long. Any small ones will break immediately. Velcro the down
at the ends, and stick some velcro to the two posts. Mark cm/inches on
both posts (which including the hight of dowel, very important).

Always hop in the right direction so that the velcro detaches, I
learned the hard way.

Or you could get a welder to do a nice job like mine.:D

--
Danni

'Sliver Trials Course'
'Calgary Trials Vid(1)'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA) 'Birds
and Trials Vid(2)'
(http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=57dGuIs7fng)
*)---':cool:, 1mHighJump*

that's a great idea Danni, I think i'll do that. except probably out of
PVC so that it's light and moveable.

--
zfreak220

Danni wrote:
> Brace two posts so that they don't fall down. The posts should be 120cm
> or so. Go to a hardware store and buy velcro tape. It has long lasting
> sticky glue on one side and the both ends of velcro. Get a medium sized
> dowel, 6ft long. Any small ones will break immediately. Velcro the down
> at the ends, and stick some velcro to the two posts. Mark cm/inches on
> both posts (which including the hight of dowel, very important).

Thanks - I'm going to make one of these this weekend.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin-O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)

I just hit 95cm a few times, got it on film, cant be bothered to edit it
right now though. 100cm is getting closer by the day :p Im gunu get
that sig.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)