Re: Girafe unicycling

I got mine flukely from my local hardware store!?! I didn't think they
would have them. They don't have them physically in the shop but they
have this book of lots of stuff that you can order and I was interested
to see a giraffe. It was a 5foot and was $420 and i got it for
christmas. I currently busk on it and make about 80 or 90$ a day on
average, i juggle on it but can't idle that well much. When riding it
in public you get car horns, shouts, comments. It's fun i reckon. If
you have the money and can't think of anything else to buy you could
purchase one. Be careful not to excessively drop it hard as this bends
the frame like mine has a few times but still fills normal but id
rather if fixed. when it bends i just fix it with a vice by rebending
it. I even once got in the news paper cos i was riding in the christmas
pararde on it. just post or PM me if you have any further comments or
questions.

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP

A giraffe is a bit of a toy, i bought a TX from the states some years
ago because ti was cheap. I used to ride it round town at night but
haven't been on it for atleast a year. It's a fun thing to have if
you've already got a fair few unis but if you're just starting out I
would save your money for somethign else.

Unless you're intending to buck of course, where the extra visual
attraction of a giraffe is worth real money.

--
kington99

Dave

patsandy100 wrote:
> yea ok. PRoblem is I cant juggle for nuts. Getting good at uni'in but
> aweful at juggling :(

who said you have to juggle? I've seen buskers working with nothing but
a giraffe and their bare wit. I would say that learning to work a crowd
is much more important, and more difficult, than learning to juggle.

--
kington99

Dave

patsandy100 wrote:
> yea ok. PRoblem is I cant juggle for nuts. Getting good at uni'in but
> aweful at juggling :(

Heh, I can't juggle to save my life, I keep saying thet I'll learn to
juggle so I can juggle on my giraffe, but I still haven't got round to
it. Working a 3 day music festival in 2 weeks, on unicycle, would be
good to be able to juggle on my giraffe for then.

I found my giraffe uni to be great fun just to ride about on from the
first time I tried riding it.

F.

--
Fraggle

Fraggle wrote:
> Heh, I can't juggle to save my life...

If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say that -- back in my
days as a circus arts instructor. That statement should not be made by
people who can already ride unicycles; it doesn't make any sense.
Unicycling is much harder/requires much more effort than learning to
juggle. Maybe that's just because your average juggling props are a lot
lighter, but if you can learn to ride a unicycle, don't act like
learning to juggle will be a life-or-death struggle!

Like unicycling, some people pick it up faster than others, but unless
you have visual or neurological impairments juggling is just an hour or
two away for you. Or less if you have someone who knows how to teach it.
:)

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"

Lol, no really, I have bad hand-eye co-ordination, always have. Oh, and
I wont stick to anything unless I think It's gonna be fun. If I cant
get something quickly, and can't see the fun side for me with it, I'll
leave it.

Unicycling has always appealed to me, I could see the fun that I could
have on unicycles, so I stuck to it. With juggling, yeah if you are
good at it then it looks good, but I've never been really interested in
it, I cant see what fun i'd get out of it.

Throwing knives while on unicycle though, will be happening soon.

F.

--
Fraggle

kington99 wrote:
> who said you have to juggle? I've seen buskers working with nothing but
> a giraffe and their bare wit. I would say that learning to work a crowd
> is much more important, and more difficult, than learning to juggle.

+1

Get the coker at this point.

A raffie is fun to ride and a great tool to have as a performer.
I stopped performing a while back, and haven't been back on my raffie
since.

Some people have started doing raffie-muni and -trials.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/session_061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=85449)

GILD wrote:
> +1
>

> Get the coker at this point.
>
> A raffie is fun to ride and a great tool to have as a performer.
> I stopped performing a while back, and haven't been back on my raffie
> since.
>
> Some people have started doing raffie-muni and -trials.

Ok, Ill save up for a Coker. Any advice on what type I should get or
where from?

--
patsandy100

Unicycles... nothing better ;)